Thread: Shift knob and short throw

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Shift knob and short throw

Well first question is does anyone know the pitch of the mirage for the shifter. I loved the baseball shape of my evo shifter so I think I will be putting one of those on. Is it the same as most the other Mitsus. Since this one was built in Thailand they may have used diff stuff. My dsm and the evo were both M10x1.25.
    Second question I've been looking around and haven't found anything for a short throw shifter. Don't get me wrong I know what this car is for but I really don't need a 10 foot long throw to get my car into gear. So if I can't find one soon I will probably do the old school way and chop it short then weld on the threaded area.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I haven't heard of any. At this point I'd imagine that DIY would be the way to go. If you do, please take some pictures and share your progress with us.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)