Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: How many miles/kilometers on your Mirage/Space Star so far? (PLUS! Leaderboard)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The stock tires are garbage and so are Goodyear Viva 3. I had to replace the stock tires around 45,000 miles.

The Goodyear tires were supposed to last 65,000 miles. I had to replace them just before they reached 50,000 miles because they were bald, even with regular tire rotations.

I discovered the Faulkin Sincera tire at 95,000 miles and have been very pleased.

It's rated for 80,000 miles. I've put 45,000 miles on them so far have plenty of tread left. You can special order these tires at Walmart. Walmart tire centers are hit or miss, but I've have a good Walmart 20 miles from me that does perfect tire work. I actually drive past two other Walmart stores to get there.

Last edited by stevedmc; 03-24-2017 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Corrected lots of grammar problems and rearranged sentences to be more readable.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_0123.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  93.0 KB
    And I still haven't spent a penny on repairs. Only brakes, tires, oil changes, etc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to burghbeagle For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-28-2017)

Awesome - that's great.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I Hit 140k this morning. Im now on a hunt for new drums on the rear and it seems that Mitsu is the only place to get them. If anybody has an idea of an aftermarket supplier of rear drums lemme know.
    Im also looking for a silver manual donor vehicle that may have been wrecked from the rear. Ive seen em for cheap but most are too far away. That way I have spare parts for everything.
    Suspension seems to be showing its fatigue I can feel its not as tight as it used to be. For those that dont know I mostly drive highway miles. 90 Miles each way to work. I bought the car in Jan 2014.
    So far I have replaced the AC Condenser, then I replaced the radiator and engine/Trans. The engine trans combo was a good deal from Rival with 30K on the ODo. It was easier to do engine and trans than splitting and just buying the engine. I Blew a headgasket which is why the radiator also had to go. I now have cruise control so I will drive a bit nicer since I let the car do the work now. Before all that I only had normal tire and brake wear. The drums just started making noise so those brake pads on the rear lasted forever.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rkt Ship For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-31-2017),MetroMPG (03-31-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I can't find any either, though I don't need them right now, I don't like seeing a lack of 3rd party parts for this car! Even Napa doesn't seem to have anything.

There's Mirages in junkyards with low mileage out there. Perhaps you could find a pick n pull and get cheap drums that aren't all that used? The Mitsu price is crazy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You've had to replace the engine already at 140k? That's disconcerting. Modern engines should last a lot longer than that.

Our one car will have 257500kms/ 160000 miles on it by the end of the day. Haven't touched the engine other than changed the spark plugs and they still worked fine. Changed the cvt fluid once, because it sees easy highway miles between 110-115kph I change the oil every 12000kms.(Every other car here gets changed at 6000kms). I'm curious how long it'll last before it starts having problems. So far no signs of failure.
    I'm not sure if you know but rockauto list's drums but out of stock, I don't remember every seeing them in stock. I'll check at here work and see if we can get them aftermarket.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shepd View Post
    I can't find any either, though I don't need them right now, I don't like seeing a lack of 3rd party parts for this car! Even Napa doesn't seem to have anything.

There's Mirages in junkyards with low mileage out there. Perhaps you could find a pick n pull and get cheap drums that aren't all that used? The Mitsu price is crazy.
    I was actually thinking about going that route. I was gonna take it one step further and find a whole junked mirage for other little odds and ends that may start breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    You've had to replace the engine already at 140k? That's disconcerting. Modern engines should last a lot longer than that.
    It should have lasted longer but I was considerably rough on the car

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Our one car will have 257500kms/ 160000 miles on it by the end of the day. Haven't touched the engine other than changed the spark plugs and they still worked fine. Changed the cvt fluid once, because it sees easy highway miles between 110-115kph I change the oil every 12000kms.(Every other car here gets changed at 6000kms). I'm curious how long it'll last before it starts having problems. So far no signs of failure.
    I'm not sure if you know but rockauto list's drums but out of stock, I don't remember every seeing them in stock. I'll check at here work and see if we can get them aftermarket.
    That would be awesome if you could find some
    I change mine every 7500 Miles and the bearings looked fine on my engine when I blew the headgasket. I changed my trans fluid once on the old trans and when I received the new trans it got new fluid because....well...you cant ship a trans with fluid in it lol.

I'll see what I can find later today or Monday.
    And yeah, can't ship parts full of fluids.
    I remember when I worked at the wrecker an irate called up saying an engine we shipped him was nfg. It ran like a top, had good compression when we pulled it for the guy. When we got our engine back it was seized, it was obviously run dry. We called the customer and asked what exactly happened and he said it fired up then just started making noise and quit. Turned out the guy didn't put oil in and figured there was oil in it when we shipped it to him. He was even more grumpy when he was told he's sol but they'd give him a discount on another one cause they felt bad. It ended ended up in small claims court, customer lost....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-31-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    How the heck can you have the skill to replace an engine but lack the knowledge to add oil to it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)