Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: How many miles/kilometers on your Mirage/Space Star so far? (PLUS! Leaderboard)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghee View Post
    thanks...
    usually when I come here it's after working a 65 hour work week late at night before bed. I have all to do to keep my eyes open while I'm on the site...so if I must know, I'll do the math! Thanks for posting the converter! And good luck with your mirage!
    The subject of measurement system conversion comes up often on this forum as we have members worldwide. I get that it's frustrating - I have trouble figuring it out too.

I should clarify that I hope those online converters help everyone here, and not just to bug you. Sorry! And sorry to hear you are so beat after a work week.

I'm an enthusiast of these little cars, and want to help others get the most out of theirs. I certainly don't want to drive folks away.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I don't know what web browser you're using, but Firefox lets you do units conversions without even leaving the page. Just type 'X Km to mi' in the little google search box top right beside the page address and it shows the result. I use it a lot.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-02-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I don't know what web browser you're using, but Firefox lets you do units conversions without even leaving the page. Just type 'X Km to mi' in the little google search box top right beside the page address and it shows the result. I use it a lot.
    THAT is cool!

Question - do you need to enter the 'X' as in your example? I substituted a number for X and DuckDuckGo returned the conversion right away.

You can't beat that for speedy conversions. Thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Right: you enter a number in place of the X.

I just checked and Chrome does it too: just type "10 miles to km" in the address/search bar at the top of the window and it shows the conversion without leaving whatever page you're on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    You're a good man Eggman. No, I'll stick around. I need to learn more about the car before I dive in. Once I buy it, It's mine till the wheels come off, hopefully at around 250,000 miles. I really like the G4 sedan in a manual. I'm pricing tires, figuring out gas mileage, pricing brakes, oil changes, and such....I'm the last guy that can waste a penny. I feel the mirage is a way better deal than a used car. I'll be the first owner, and the killer warranty is a no brainer. Consumers love their Mirage's...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghee View Post
    You're a good man Eggman. No, I'll stick around.
    Aw shucks - thanks.

We'll all help answer any questions we can. I think you understand you're speaking with a group made up largely of converts and fans who will sing high praises, with more than a little bit of confirmation bias.

The Mirage isn't for everyone, that's for sure. But if durability is a concern, follow the posts of Fummins as he maintains a fleet of Mirages used for delivery. Follow forum members who use their Mirage for taxi service such as Lyft of Uber. Follow Rkt Ship as he puts on lots of hard miles and does what he can to keep his Mirage running.

There's lots of choices in automotive transportation. So long as running a small car isn't a problem for you, I don't think you can go wrong with a Mirage.

Cheers!

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Only 23000 on mine so far, but that's going to change soon. I start next week driving for Lyft!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Theres a guy on youtube, (i'll have to get the link), who bought a mirage just todo donuts, and hammer the **** out of it. The whole time I was watching, I was saying to myself over and over...."why"?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    WOW! 27,000 miles in 6 months! That's quit a haul.

I do.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)