Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage MID (Multi Information Display) service reminder / wrench icon

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mirage MID (Multi Information Display) service reminder / wrench icon

What does the information with number and wrench stand for? (bottom right)

I think I actually have 2:

7200 wrench
    6 wrench

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Lets get back on topic!

What does the information with number and wrench stand for?

7200 wrench
    6 wrench
    I wanna say thats how long until your next oil change. but I could be wrong.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Lets get back on topic!

7200 wrench
    6 wrench
    7200 KM/miles to service interval or 6 months to service intervals ....
    The car needs service every 20K KM/miles or every year.

This I know for sure

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Lets get back on topic!

7200 wrench
    6 wrench
    Service in 7200 km/miles(whichever system you use)
    or in 6 months, whichever comes first.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    And then they will reset it back after every service to 20k and 12

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for that info... I severely dislike these 7k mile service. I might still try to go every 3k...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for that info... I severely dislike these 7k mile service. I might still try to go every 3k...
    I called the dealership cause I didnt believe that I would be ok with a 7500(12070km) Mile oil change in a car that takes 2.9 qts(2.7L) of oil. frankly it scares me. But I came from a mantra of 3000Miles(4828KM) or 6 weeks(Im sure weeks are the same lol) whichever came first in my evo and that took 4.5Qts(4.25 L). With that being said anyone else find it weird in the US that we measure engine size in liters (I know its relatively new to do this) but measure oil levels in qts.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkt Ship View Post
    I called the dealership cause I didnt believe that I would be ok with a 7500(12070km) Mile oil change in a car that takes 2.9 qts(2.7L) of oil. frankly it scares me. But I came from a mantra of 3000Miles(4828KM) or 6 weeks(Im sure weeks are the same lol) whichever came first in my evo and that took 4.5Qts(4.25 L). With that being said anyone else find it weird in the US that we measure engine size in liters (I know its relatively new to do this) but measure oil levels in qts.
    Indeed, you guys are weird ... engine in liters, oil quantity in qts and fuel in gallons .... trying to please everyone .... lol ....
    Not to mention changing oil every 3k miles? Insanity .... not only it cost way much more money (raises cost of ownership significantly) but also it's seriously bad for the environtmental. On my Galant I change the oil every 30k KM. It really doesn't matter how many L or qts the engine needs (on my Galant is uses NO oil at all so the level stays the same from the first refresh till 30k later).

Basically I make up for the fuel price difference for the total cost of ownership in the service fees. I'm planning on servicing (incl. refreshing oil) every 20k until the warranty expires then every 25k KM of oil refreshing or servicing.

Every 3k refreshing? what a ripoff .... guys, you own a japanese cars .... these engines are extremely strong, it runs well as long as there's still oil in it. Mine's 17k now, 3k more then refresh the oil/service. I strongly encourage you all to do the same. Use A grade oil, Amsoil 5W-20 or Shell oils, guaranteed to lubricate your engine for over 20k KM!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to m4v3r1ck For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-12-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Ditto to what m4v3r1ck said. I change my oil on my cars every 10k-15k miles or so (I also do the occasional oil analysis to make sure everything is good). I do use synthetic. If I used conventional I'd go ~7500 miles or whatever the manual says. OEMs aren't about to take a chance on oil changes, its the life blood of an engine, and they're easy to do. Rest assured that the 7200 mile interval is probably actually a conservative number.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

m4v3r1ck (02-12-2014)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Ditto to what m4v3r1ck said. I change my oil on my cars every 10k-15k miles or so (I also do the occasional oil analysis to make sure everything is good). I do use synthetic. If I used conventional I'd go ~7500 miles or whatever the manual says. OEMs aren't about to take a chance on oil changes, its the life blood of an engine, and they're easy to do. Rest assured that the 7200 mile interval is probably actually a conservative number.
    Agrees ... Synthetic oils nowadays you only need to change every 15k miles. I'm surprised that your MID's set very conventionally. Besides, new engines aren't supposed to use mineral oils anymore (besides the fact that in europe you HAVE to order the mineral oil exclusively since no cars are using it except for oldtimers).