Guys (and gals),

My A/C system is cycling way too much. I can even feel it cycling on/off while accelerating and driving. It's gotten to the point I can feel the vent temperature starting to increase a bit before it kicks back on.

It still cools decently. But I don't think it's like it was originally. I think it has lost refrigerant, leading to the cycling. So I'm going to take it to the dealer. I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I decided to let the dealer play with it after I realized it's running the 1234yf stuff. Which is spensive as some you already know. I assumed this car was running 134a, but I was plum wrong.

Question is, would there be any repercussions to me pulling the OBD connector out of its mount and shoving it back up in wiring loom under the dash? Of course I'm assuming it snaps into its bracket, like my 23 year old truck does. But I may be plum wrong on that too.

The reason to do that would be, I don't want shop monkeys connecting to my ECU and running updates / reflashing my ECU. The ECU is perfectly fine how it is. And, I don't want them to have any justification for trying to charge me for a diagnostic. The "person" on the phone today tried to say that it was $269 diagnostic fee. This is a hardware issue, there's nothing in the ECU that is going to determine if the refrigerant is low.

Yet I don't want to get there and have this whole thing blow up in my face, and them refuse to do anything with my car because they can't find the connector. The Dodge dealership that touched my truck 22 years ago noticed that there was no connector but moved on passed it and worked on the issue (which also required no connection to the ECU).

What do you guys think?