Thread: Emissions Purge Solenoid?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,446 Times in 1,051 Posts

Emissions Purge Solenoid?

Perhaps my first sign of trouble. I stopped for gas last night. The pump clicked off at 7.969 gallons. I would get 7 points for that, but for just a splash more at 8 gallons, I get 8 points. Big time!

So I added a squirt and got to 8.000 gallons. 46.9 mpg. What a vehicle!

I got back in and hit the starter (that's violent ... I only ACTIVATED the starter) and it started like normal, but as the rpm slowed and approached idle, it died. Rinse and repeat. Started again, died.

I held my foot to the floor, started again, and then revved it a bit a few times and it kept running. No problems the rest of the way home.

I figured it flooded mildly. But wouldn't it only flood like that if the cannister purge valve had not closed (completely) when the car was shut off? And the rising fuel displacing the vapor and pushing it through the emissions crap systems, and on past the purge valve (that was supposed to be closed) and into the intake would flood the intake.

Questions? Opinions? Suggestions? Concerns? Should I trade the car in?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

BigMW (03-20-2024)