I'm Canadian. I'm graduating university this spring. I'm on a budget. I've never purchased a new vehicle. The only vehicle I ever purchased was an '01 Toyota Echo back in August 2013. I paid 3,000$ for it and it has done its duty for me.
With these facts established, I'm looking for some help on which car I should grab next. I'm looking at subcompacts as the Lancer and equivalent cars in its class (EDIT: the Lancer's class), are outside my price range. I know this is the Mitsubishi thread and may be a tad bias, but I'm looking at the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback. It seems that the professional reviews for this car are mostly negative, but I'm looking for an honest review from a normal consumer. I'm not looking to race people, I'm looking to save money and be comfortable. It would be mainly for commuting to and from work, and going on leisurely drives with my girlfriend.
When compared to vehicles in its class (looking at the Kia Rio, Chevy Sonic, Nissan Mirca mainly) is it a good buy? Would you recommend it over other subcompacts?