Has anyone successfully disabled the Antilock Braking System in their Mirage yet? Sensha showed me the other day that she cannot stop in wet conditions and almost got us into an accident. Luckily, I was quick with the handbrake and a counter-steer so we were able to get from 50-0 sideways in the remaining 50 feet or so once I realized she wasn't going to stop going the normal direction. I tried pulling the fuse, but that disables everything. By everything, I mean power steering, TCS, ESC, TPMS, speedometer, economy gauge (did not verify but I don't think my odometer changed while I was driving with everything disabled). Unplugging ABS unit with the big fancy lever plug yielded the same result. Lit up dashboard with every non-essential driver assist disabled. Any help getting ABS to stop doing its thing would be greatly appreciated. In case you’re not convinced by the physics that this is a good idea, in wet conditions, a spinning tire feeds more snow or rain under itself, continuing to slide. A skidding tire acts like a squeegee and quickly wipes the rain or snow away and gets down to dry pavement. In wet conditions, ABS is great for handing the steering wheel back to an inexperienced driver who doesn’t know to release the brake, but it also prevents the car from stopping.

P.S. For any nanny state warriors who don’t understand the difference between wet and dry panic braking, (and why ABS is great for stopping distance on dry pavement, but only dry) save the “why would you want to disable ABS, that’s dangerous!!!” for the Honda-Tech forums