Thread: Airbag code B1558 - anyone with the right tool want to make some money?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Airbag code B1558 - anyone with the right tool want to make some money?

Thanks to my dog I had to remove and completely strip my passenger seat down to the frame for a deep cleaning/soaking of the foam pads. After reassembly my airbag light is on and dealer reports code B1558 OCS Control Unit. I think I need to recalibrate the weight sensor.

Update- Mitsubishi airbag code B1558 indicates the occupant classification sensor (the thin pad in the passenger seat that detects your weight and whether or not someone is in the seat at all) has malfunctioned. The code is not related to recalibration of said sensor. The sensor is sold only as part of the entire seat and the dealer wanted nearly $1000 USD. Through LKQ Auto Dismantlers I was able to order a used seat (make sure it's listed "with airbag") for under $75. My existing seat with the replacement sensor is so far working and the airbag light turned itself off imediately.

Problem solved.

If anyone else goes down this road just know the used seat sensor could also be bad but for $75 bucks compared to $1000......I'll take my chances.

Moral of the story - don't get your seat wet.
    Last edited by gone.a; 03-20-2018 at 07:02 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gone.a For This Useful Post:

Avgjohndoe (01-16-2024),Daox (03-20-2018),MetroMPG (12-06-2019),OrganicFoxes (02-26-2024)