Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mirage owner from Oklahoma

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Well done . Would hope it turns on a dime with more of a sense of security ( less body roll ) .
    it actually does, it feels like my old 1984 Rabbit GTi i used to have many moons ago and body-roll is down to almost nothing. we took it on the hwy and the steering felt tighter, quicker and very responsive. VERY pleased with the $$$ spent for the mods. the wife likes driving it more than her volvo SUV.

just because lizards can climb polls, it doesn't make them electricians !!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Don't care what others say about the body . Good looking car with any color . Must be an ol' f*rt thing .
    ....you can say that again !!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    this car reminds me of the cars from the mid 80's....simple, easy to work on and not that much technology to it.

Good comparison - I had a bunch of 70's and 80's Rabbits when I was younger. One a year: buy, fix, drive, sell. Rinse and repeat through high school & university.

Never had a GTI, though I bought a rear stabilizer bar which I moved from car to car to car.

Cheap to buy & run, easy to work on and fun to drive.

not that much technology to it.
    That part I think is deceptive. The Mirage is light years ahead of old econoboxes in terms of tech. Full of engine advances, computer controls, and safety engineering those cars couldn't even dream of.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)