Thread: Couldn't hold out

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Couldn't hold out

Hello,

First off, I credit MetroMPG for my buying a Mirage. Excellent article he wrote comparing it to the Metro.
    I have reserved an Elio, but I need something reliable now for work and to haul my kids around.

I drove 180 miles to the dealership in Norman, OK to get this car. I bought the car from a part time salesman/college student. Nice guy but I had a bit of a bad taste after negotiating the price. I qualified for $1000 in rebates and I traded an old truck in on it. I was looking to pay $10000 after the rebate and trade-in. They played the haggle game and I ended up paying $11000. Still not bad, but they gave me lowest number on my trade-in. They guy really pushed me to go 5 yrs on financing instead of 4, then implied a 1.9% finance rate that ended up being 2.99%.

Anyway, the car is great!!! The onboard fuel meter said I got 51 mpg on the trip home!
    I read several complaints about engine noise and trouble shifting into reverse, I have had no issue with either so far.
    on rough pavement, I do have some road noise, but its not intolerable.

After buying my Geo Metro, I said I wish i'd bought one brand new when it came out. So this is the closest I can get.
    Now if Mitsu just had an XFI model /drool

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 51.1 mpg (US) ... 21.7 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Congratulations! I know how you feel with the sales people... Took me 2 dealerships and about 6 sales people before we found a keeper Very happy with who we bought our car from, and didn't jerk us around with the price!

I had also heard that about the road noise. Maybe more noise than a Lexus, but definitely less than my Civic.. Mine is somewhat louder now because I've removed the back seats, but I'm planning on adding a sound barrier.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 52.3 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.8 mpg (Imp)

Congrats, tke180!

Now which article was that? I forget!

The XFi version is available... we just have to go to europe to get it!

Welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats on your purchase!!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Liked your post! Congrats. Spread the mirage fever
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey Metro, The article was posted on Ecomodder.com

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 51.1 mpg (US) ... 21.7 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ordered a trailer hitch today for some light hauling, haven't decided on buying a cargo carrier or a small trailer.

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    I bought a cargo carrier, since the trailer would have required registration at the MVA and additional insurance.
    The payload is however limited to around 150 pounds when also considering the weight of the cargo rack.

good luck with your choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the Mirage! If you're a Metro fan I'm sure you'll love the Mirage.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)