Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
    Must be a US/NA spec. thing, I don't like it. I want all doors unlosked when the unlock's pressed. It's the same function for the remote. Once = drivers door only, Twice = all doors & hatch.
    I think it's a safety thing. The only other car I have owned with keyless entry behaved the same way. I knew the keyfob did this, just didnt think the button on the door did it this way.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    yea i figured it out not too long ago, but i also would rather it open all doors instead too

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This can usually be programmed either way... has anyone asked a dealer? Should be able to change it easily.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac guy turnd Mitsu View Post
    yea i figured it out not too long ago, but i also would rather it open all doors instead too
    if anyone knows of a way to change it to open all doors, please post this as the game of unlocking only the drivers door and having the wife stand there with her door locked is getting old for her...I still think it's funny though...

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    if anyone knows of a way to change it to open all doors, please post this as the game of unlocking only the drivers door and having the wife stand there with her door locked is getting old for her...I still think it's funny though...

Just press the button on the trunk to unlock it when you are walking up to the car. This unlocks all the doors without using the remote.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    Just press the button on the trunk to unlock it when you are walking up to the car. This unlocks all the doors without using the remote.
    Great idea!!! I knew that, but never thought of it! Thanks!

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When using the intermittent function of the windshield wipers, the wipers sweep more frequently when you go over about 38 mph.

For example, when you have them set to their fastest setting, below about 38 mph there is a slight pause between wipes. Over 38 mph there is no delay, it is just like you have the wipers on the low setting.

One setting I tested today had a 4 second pause between wipes below 38 mph. Once over 38 mph that time delay decreased to 2 seconds.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 91cavgt For This Useful Post:

DemiRage (11-06-2014),MetroMPG (11-06-2014),reshasatya (01-22-2024),satria_wr (11-06-2014)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    When u start the car in cold weather with the climate control on auto temp the fan/defrost will stay on low speed until the green temp light goes out. Then it kicks into high speed.
    This means the car will not blast cold air at you but waits until there is heat available before blasting the air.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IchabodCrane For This Useful Post:

anog (02-28-2016),CROSSBOLT (10-29-2021),Josharoo (11-20-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    When u start the car in cold weather with the climate control on auto temp the fan/defrost will stay on low speed until the green temp light goes out. Then it kicks into high speed.
    This means the car will not blast cold air at you but waits until there is heat available before blasting the air.
    Yep, one of the definite advantages of electronic climate control. Its definitely a benefit!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you give it WOT (this is in the 5speed, not sure about the auto) in neutral it will stop short of ride line and decrease the RPM even if you don't lift.

ゼロ

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 33.4 mpg (US) ... 14.2 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.1 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Minihaha For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-11-2022)