Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first dent

Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    this technique has saved me before.
    Really? Care to share details?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    motormontreal ... I would try the dent removal. The price sounds really reasonable -- probably the "paintless" method where they "massage" the dent out using various tools and heat guns.

I've even tried that myself on my own cars (working a small dent out from the inside) and sometimes it works really well. It all depends on the dent.

Please keep us informed!
    Thanks everyone,
    Brought it to Mitsubishi today, and for only $40.00 the dent is gone. Really impressed, it's like it was never there!
    For the record it was not mitsubishi, but someone they called to come in and repair my dent. They use the same company for their cars on the lot. While I was paying my bill, I seen him working on an Outlander in the showroom. Oh and it only took about 15 min to fix it

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to motormontreal For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-23-2014),MetroMPG (12-22-2014)

That's great news. Maybe one day I'll treat the little old Firefly to some professional dent removal then.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    We use it all the time at work. The first time I saw a repaired part, I was sure they were pranking me.
    I really couldn't tell there had ever been a dent.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Wow, thats great (and cheap). Thanks for sharing.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreePot View Post
    We use it all the time at work. The first time I saw a repaired part, I was sure they were pranking me.
    I really couldn't tell there had ever been a dent.
    I'd love to learn how they do that!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 58.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's the worst when it happens to a new car.

Shortly after buying the Focus (new), I got caught in a hail storm. That's a pretty bad feeling! Then, I got bumped at a traffic light ... luckily no damage.

It's first dent was a door ding on the RF fender. Drives me nuts. But there's a few paint chips here and there. They get covered with grease before the winter.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Our Mirage got a big dent from another car door but fortunately the paint is intact so it is a candidate for painless dent removal.
    $60 at our local body shop, in our area we have repairmen who will come to your house and pop out the dents. Watch out for shopping carts.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    That's great news. Maybe one day I'll treat the little old Firefly to some professional dent removal then.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4PuHY3EXgc Do you have dentwizard in ontario? I know all of our dealerships here use this method and the few I worked for quoted me 100$ per car for dent removal. Not per dent, they will pull out every ding and bump for 100$ within one day. granted that was an in house discount.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I seriously considered just backing into my new Mirage with my jeep before taking it out on the roads for the first time.

A few years ago, I purchased a nice, shiny, nearly new, Kawasaki KLR650. Before I rode it home, right there on the dealer lot where they had rolled it out, and shined it up, I planted a foot on the gas tank and pushed it over. This tall blue and silver motorcycle landed with a crash on the wet pavement. I picked it up, a bit of a scratch on the bar end weight, but honestly it's really hard to hurt a KLR. Didn't worry about dropping it after that.