Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Forum - 2014 Mirage CVT purchased December 2014

So sad!

These cars are all rusting away from my part of the world due to road salt (and flawed unibody design that traps moisture in critical structural areas). Often they're scrapped because of rust, not for mechanical issues.

Do you know why it failed the emissions test? Not fixable?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2014 Mirage
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Do you know why it failed the emissions test? Not fixable?
    Shop said the exhaust was leaking, the catalytic converter was shot, and something else involving the engine, I don't recall now what. All in all, even though I had just replaced the transmission and radio, I decided to suck it up and use that $$ as a downpay on the Mirage, since I had been psyching myself up for the eventual demise, even though I had taken good care of it and kept up with the maintenance. No rust anywhere (far enough from the coast that it's not an issue, and weather here of course precludes salt on the roads), so it was a little heartbreaking to think it was just going to waste, when someone outside of CA could have had a really great, cheap commuter car. But it's unlikely I could have sold it anywhere for more than $1,000, so it was more convenient to just accept the state program to get it off the road.
    Donali

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.5 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.2 mpg (Imp)

At how many miles of service?

EDIT! Never mind - I see "over 200k" in your original post.

It didn't owe you anything.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2014 Mirage
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    It didn't owe you anything.
    Edited to add - last fill up was at 209,218 miles, 12/14/14. Last two recorded mpgs were 12/5/14 at 36.4, and 11/30/14 at 38.1.

No, it certainly didn't. It was a good and trusty vehicle, and I'm sure would easily get to 300k. I definitely got my money's worth. I would have bought another without thinking if they'd still made them. RIP, little tomato!!

Last edited by Donali; 07-28-2015 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Added milege and last two mpgs.
    Donali

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.5 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.2 mpg (Imp)