Thread: Introducing my self and the car

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Introducing my self and the car

New to the forum, but been lurking for a while. Thanks to all for the great information posted here which supports the Mirage and its users. Heard of the forum and Mirage over at Ecomodder.com and when my Nissan Altima died I decided to purchase my first brand new car. So far the car is great, I keep a paper fuel log but will try to update one here as I remember. I got the CVT so that my wife can comfortably drive it as well, but it turns out to be a good choice as I drive almost strictly highway and the gearing allows for fantastic economy without resorting to engine off coasting.

Mods: Currently only DIY rustproofing using a product called Fluid Film. Thanks Crazy Jerry for the tutorial.

Planned: Air dam (no grill block due to personal CVT concerns) Block heater (saw a video on her, don't remember who but thanks), Tire Pressure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jbarr For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-30-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,122 Posts
    My best MPG with the CVT has been over 50mpg so far. We love our Mirage. The Mirage is the best kept secret in the subcompact class in the USA. People compare the Mirage to the Spark but if you read the Spark forums, many tales of woe and pain over there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am certainly impressed with the economy, better than many hybrid users. I have gotten 48 on a tank, never less than 40 but I think we are getting into winter grade gas. When I get to it I will grab my fuel log out of the glove box and put the entries in. I find it funny that the way I drive (read old lady) the eco light is perpetually lit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 46.2 mpg (US) ... 19.6 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jbarr For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-28-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site jbarr!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Welcome!

Glad to hear this forum (and by extension EcoModder) helped to get another butt into a Mirage, and glad you're enjoying it!

Thread: Poll: Did this forum influence your decision to get a Mirage? Helped with research?

Yes, please post a garage entry and your fuel log. The more, the merrier.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)