Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my Mirage in Chicagoland, moving us back East soon!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Got my Mirage in Chicagoland, moving us back East soon!

Hello everyone! When I first started researching this great little car, I had a feeling there would be a bit of a fan base, and I'm glad I was right! I have only ever had cheap used cars before, and I never thought buying new was smart...Until I looked into the Mirage. I am so pleased with my choice. This car is so economical, super fun to drive (in the 5 speed, the CVT was NOT fun! No offense!) and it really just makes you fall in love with it.

I am from Western Massachusetts, but I have been living in Chicagoland for almost a year. When the year is up next month, I hike my Mirage the 12 hour drive to Northern New Jersey where I will be staying "permanently"....these are moves for work, so you never know!

I've had Thunder Bubble for about two weeks, and I already know I want to maintain the hell out of her and keep her for a long time. I'll be looking into some customization and personalizing soon! In the meantime, I haven't had to fill up yet since the dealership (even driving about 20 miles a day!) but I will report my economy when I do!

Wicked

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sprinterx29 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-05-2016),inuvik (05-05-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hahaha I love the name of your Mirage. Welcome to the forums! I feel the same way, I test drove a CVT but had them ship me a 5mt from another dealer.

If you do come back to the east side be sure to check out our potential Mirage Meet.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRage For This Useful Post:

Sprinterx29 (05-05-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!! Sounds like you're enjoying your Mirage already! Keep us all updated on your modifications, post a few pictures in your "garage" when you have a chance and if you want to track your mpg's don't forget we have a fuel economy log for your use.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Sprinterx29 (05-05-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks! My first choice was actually red, but it was a struggle to find a 5-speed at all (it's a dying art, apparently.) The first one my dealer found was Thunder Grey, so I started calling her the Thunder Dome...then I realized Thunder Bubble was really more appropriate....I ended up with Mercury Grey, but the name stuck. I checked out that meetup, I am definitely on board!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprinterx29 For This Useful Post:

RedRage (05-05-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks! I am rapidly falling in love with her smooth bubbly curves. I can't wait to get some good fuel economy stats recorded. And don't worry, me and TB have a photo shoot planned this weekend!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds awesome! Yeah I wanted one in white, but red was my second option. And whoo manual club! I do like when you have plans to take pictures, but I won't be able to take pictures of what I want for a while. Very excited to see what little TB turns out to be.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The white looks very snazzy! That was my second choice after red. But I've fallen for the dark grey! As long as it's not Starlight Silver...that color is not for me. Not sure what projects I'll be taking on for TB, I don't know much about car customizing and have some research to do! Right now about all I can handle are some stickers. I'm thinking a new shifter knob will be my first attempt.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thankfully this is a very helpful forum with a handful of quite knowledgeable peoples. At the top of the page there is a modifications and DIY tab. Some people just add small tasteful bits and others redo the entire vehicle. However you wish to go about it, be sure to share!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Will do! thanks!

Thunder Bubble ... great name! Congrats & welcome to the forum.

What were you driving before?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)