Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long can the dealer keep your car for repairs?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Check your state laws. Here in Washington, an insurance company has 30 days to settle a claim for damage to a vehicle.

The car either has to be fixed within 30 days or it has to be declared totaled and an offer made within 30 days.
    That's kinda what my friend told me, "If they can't fix it in 30 days they should just total it". I agree.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Crap, it looks like I may have celebrated too soon. It looks like my rear tires are out of alignment. .39 right toe .33 left toe. Damn.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    What does your insurer say about the repair process?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Crap, it looks like I may have celebrated too soon. It looks like my rear tires are out of alignment. .39 right toe .33 left toe. Damn.
    Body shops have to warranty repairs. Talk to your insurance company if the rear end is out of spec. It is their JOB to make sure all repairs have been done correctly.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Body shops have to warranty repairs. Talk to your insurance company if the rear end is out of spec. It is their JOB to make sure all repairs have been done correctly.
    Thanks, I will. Of course the other problem is that my 30 day car rental insurance coverage is over. Like I said earlier as long as they give me a car to drive they can take as long as they want.

Unfortunately I'm in the US and it's Memorial weekend so I won't get to talk to anybody until tuesday.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hope it works out for you. My Suzuki Swift met it's demise the same way when it was only a year old, hit and run rear end.
    It too looked repairable but it was totaled out.

Subscribed to your thread for updates.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)