Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Daddy's little car :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Absolute base model (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Daddy's little car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage G4 Absolute base model
    Red
    Manual

Got lucky, nabbed a great deal on a 2014 build Mirage sedan at the very end of 2015. Brand new, 21 km on the clock. Alloy wheels and metallic paint at no extra cost.

Comments: 42 / Views: 24900
    Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Here it is.

I picked it up Saturday (June 25) morning. It's a March 2016 build. 5 speed manual, like the last one.

Alloy wheels and fog lights are standard on the base model here.

I really like the colour.

Only noticeable differences:
    * Dials and buttons on the air con are changed.
    * Key is larger and squarer.
    * It seems to sit a little flatter around corners. Excess body roll was about my only complaint on the last one.
    * Hill starts are easier - no need for handbrake any more, just press the clutch and it won't roll back.
    * Steering wheel is different - it seems smaller and smoother than the last one.

The back seat still doesn't fold down. It has a large boot (trunk) for a small car but it would be nice to have a split-fold rear seat like the hatch to be able to carry longer items.

I've been driving my wife's SUV a bit. It's nice now to look down at the fuel consumption and it says 5-point-something instead of 12-point-something litres/100km.

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mirage_Sydney For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (06-28-2016),Cobrajet (07-01-2016),Eggman (06-27-2016),inuvik (06-27-2016),MetroMPG (07-15-2016),mitsumi (06-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Looking good!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like it!!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    . Lookin' good . Took these over the weekend . They're arriving at a steady pace as of the past week .
    Attached Images Attached Images           

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinder For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (06-27-2016),Eggman (06-28-2016),inuvik (06-27-2016)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Thanks Cinder. The first car, the red, is the same colour as my original.

I had a choice between Cyber Blue and Wine Red (which is the purple/red shade of the second car).

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    They have many good colors to choose from . Agree , would be handy if the G4 had a split back (60/40) or a 1 piece folding rear seat . We had a '08 Yaris sedan with the 60/40 rear folding seat and arm rest with a cup holder . Put a 8 foot ladder in it . Does come in handy . New , the Yaris was slightly over $14,000 with a 4 speed auto . Miss it . That got good F.E.. Road and handled well too . Think it had 185/60-15s' . Keep us updated on the performance and gas mileage . Plan to test drive one or 2 . The body of the G4 looks a bit like the Yaris sedan ( '07 > '12 ) .
    Last edited by cinder; 06-28-2016 at 03:21 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Cinder, my last Mirage was only 4 months old when it was written off last month. Fuel economy was between around 5.7 and 5.9 litres/100km over a full tank, driving in heavy city traffic most of the time. It only had around 4,000 km on the clock so I would have expected that economy to improve a little more. I also think that a driver who is more skilled at driving for economy would get slightly better economy than I was getting.

My average MPG was very similar to yours (39.8). My boss has a Yaris and hers is a little more refined than the Mirage - quieter, smoother. That said, personally I find the unrefined nature of the Mirage kind of fun. My kids (7 and 11) much prefer riding in the Mirage to my wife's huge, comfortable and quiet SUV.

I found the performance more than adequate once I was familiar with the car. Once again, I would have expected performance to improve slightly as the car got up to around 10,000 or 15,000 km. My only complaint about the last car was that there was too much body roll around bends, and that seems to have improved significantly with the new car.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirage_Sydney For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-28-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage_Sydney View Post
    That said, personally I find the unrefined nature of the Mirage kind of fun. My kids (7 and 11) much prefer riding in the Mirage to my wife's huge, comfortable and quiet SUV.
    I agree. And the Mirage is not all that 'unrefined' - meaning, I've driven worse...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Dang that sucks about your old sedan.
    Any idea where it went with the insurance company?
    I am keen for the front and rear brakes.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Sorry, I have no idea where the old car went. The last I saw of it was in a holding yard with a bunch of other written off cars, behind the smash repairers.

The wreck would have been auctioned off (I assume) and the parts would be at a wrecker's yard somewhere.

Eggman, by "unrefined" I really only mean the noise and vibration levels, which are pretty bad. Other than that it's comfortable and easy/fun to drive and the equipment levels in the base-spec Aussie car are excellent.