Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Done any long trips in your Mirage yet? Comfortable? Good fuel economy?

Done any long trips in your Mirage yet? Comfortable? Good fuel economy?

Name:  atlas-au.jpg
Views: 6417
Size:  45.6 KB
    Image by: Prince Roy

I've seen a few reviews saying the the Mirage is "comfortable enough", but you wouldn't want to do a long drive in it. Is this true?

How was your fuel economy? Is that a big factor in your decision to travel in the Mirage?

I've only spent about an hour total in the car -- one base car with 4-way seat adjustment, and one up-level trim with 6-way -- and I found them both to be fine. No complaints. But that was only an hour, and in city driving where you move around more (which helps with comfort more than sitting still on long highway drives).

Have any of you gone on long trips? Thoughts?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Ride comfort is good enough, but as I've mentioned before, the cabin is really noisy. I think it's the noise that makes it more tiring after a long drive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, makes sense.

First the Australian car supposedly got more sound insulation, and then the American (and presumably Canadian) cars got even more sound proofing. Yet reviewers here are still complaining about the same thing! I wonder how different they are.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    I've not done any long trips yet but the seats are very comfortable and the car is quiet. I can't imagine there would be any problem.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I've been to Germany from Holland (4 hours drive, total 8 hours retour) in this car, been to Groningen from The Hague for meeting (3 hours drive, 6 hours retour). Retour trips are in one day. I must say that it was comfortable.I came fresh out of the car for the meeting. It's much better than driving in Fiesta (went to France in my fiesta, 6 hours driving but stayed there for a few days), I was tired from driving the Fiesta.

The most comfortable ride is still my Galant but I don't expect less for a car 3 classes above the Mirage (galant's D class and Mirage's A class).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I went to San Diego from Los Angeles normally a 2hour trip. I decided to go on the worst time. Stuck in traffic and was around a 3 hour trip. Ive gone on long trips with my turbo eclipses and those I had to stop every few hours to stretch. Me personally even after taking a 3 hour trip to SD then going back home another 2 hours. I was ok.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by socal6g View Post
    I went to San Diego from Los Angeles normally a 2hour trip. I decided to go on the worst time. Stuck in traffic and was around a 3 hour trip. Ive gone on long trips with my turbo eclipses and those I had to stop every few hours to stretch. Me personally even after taking a 3 hour trip to SD then going back home another 2 hours. I was ok.
    Yeap conclusion: this mini car is absolutely comfortable!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks
    I've clocked up some high mileages in a day and would have to say it's as comfortable as any car I've owned.
    Funny I've never heard anyone complain about the sound a V8 makes at idle let alone during hard acceleration which is considerably more than this car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just got back last night from a trip from Wisconsin to Florida and back in this car. 2700 miles round trip in 9 days (3 days driving there, 2 days driving back). My Dad and I had a couple 14 hour days in the car, and a few shorter ones (8-10 hours). I drove the whole way, while he slept on & off with the passenger seat laid back. He didn't complain once, and I didn't ever feel uncomfortable. We are both 5'8" tall, for reference.

The most wind noise was heading west at 70mph into a 25mph headwind from Indianapolis, IN, to Bloomington, IL, but the radio outcompeted the wind noise. It was a nice drive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fifteenwindow For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-26-2014)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fifteenwindow View Post
    I just got back last night from a trip from Wisconsin to Florida and back in this car. 2700 miles round trip in 9 days (3 days driving there, 2 days driving back). My Dad and I had a couple 14 hour days in the car, and a few shorter ones (8-10 hours). I drove the whole way, while he slept on & off with the passenger seat laid back. He didn't complain once, and I didn't ever feel uncomfortable. We are both 5'8" tall, for reference.

The most wind noise was heading west at 70mph into a 25mph headwind from Indianapolis, IN, to Bloomington, IL, but the radio outcompeted the wind noise. It was a nice drive.
    Oh wow and the MPG? What's your max speed? In May I will be driving to France again. am not planning on going beyond 100 km/h and see what my fuel usage will hit. am curious if I will be able to reach destination (660 KM in one tank).