Thread: Just ordered a Scangauge E. Questions.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Just ordered a Scangauge E. Questions.

Hi all,

So If everything goes right I will be the new owner or a 17 se hatch 5spd next week.

I found a great deal looking online for the scangauge e. 74.95 new on advance auto. It was 100 but had a 25% off code.

I currently have a 2008 Elantra and have been using a autometer eco meter for about 7-8 years. But from the looks of it, the scangauge is going to blow the eco meter away.

Anyone have the sg e? How do you like it?
    I liked it was cheaper than the sg2 and for me being used to 1 display I'm okay having 2 at once plus the mpg graph vs no graph and 4 items.

I also looked at the UG but honestly like the looks of the sg products with adjustable back light colors to match any dash. I like the small size of the sge too.
    It seems the sg website is better too imo.

I mainly drive city and am looking forward to going from 29-31 city in the Elantra to 40 plus right guys?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum.

40mpg city isn't really a big goal -- you'll knock it out every tank!

Many members have hit 60+

(US gal / mile)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

40mpg city isn't really a big goal -- you'll knock it out every tank!

Many members have hit 60+

(US gal / mile)
    Thank you!

Oh wow that would be excellent. So I'll probably put the goal for the sg graph like 45mpg? Would that be a good goal? I drive 95% city.

I do work for good mpg but not as hard as I could. That may change with the Mirage.

Currently I just accelerate slow and brake very lightly and coast off throttle if I can without losing too much speed. And of course coast to red lights.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Browse the forum's Fuel Economy Log. There, members can track the fuel consumption and show the rest of the world how they are doing.

The fuel economy log proves the fuel economy of the Mirage wasn't fake or misreported, like what happened to Mitsubishi Motors with their kei cars in their home market of Japan. Many Mirage owners easily improve on the EPA rating.

Two members are *averaging* in the mid- to upper 60 mpg range. Many are in the 40's.

Be sure to make a garage entry for your new car.
    Garage empty: add car

Then you can start tracking your fuel consumption here too.
    Fuel log: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Anyone have the sg e? How do you like it?

I mainly drive city and am looking forward to going from 29-31 city in the Elantra to 40 plus right guys?
    I've got the ScanGauge E. I like it, but it's the only gauge I've ever used.

I've got a '15 5-speed. I'm in central Ohio, and drive 5-6 miles to work, mostly 40mph road. 10 stop lights, I seem to hit at least 6 red lights. In the summer, driving like you do, I usually get around 45mpg. In the winter, I lose a couple, but still often get at least 40mpg. It was brisk 14f (windchill of 7) out this morning, I used my block heater, and still got 42mpg. I think you'll be pleased.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Browse the forum's Fuel Economy Log. There, members can track the fuel consumption and show the rest of the world how they are doing.

The fuel economy log proves the fuel economy of the Mirage wasn't fake or misreported, like what happened to Mitsubishi Motors with their kei cars in their home market of Japan. Many Mirage owners easily improve on the EPA rating.

Two members are *averaging* in the mid- to upper 60 mpg range. Many are in the 40's.

Be sure to make a garage entry for your new car.
    Garage empty: add car

Then you can start tracking your fuel consumption here too.
    Fuel log: add car
    Awesome. Thanks for the links. If the alignment checks out we will be picking up the cars next week.

Pics to follow of course.

And thanks for your review wellswebdesign

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Depending on you you drive you should get 40mpg no problem! I've been checking the avg from trip B on a lot of the cars that come in my shop for service. They vary between 5l/100kms 47 us mpg to 6.2l/100kms 38mpg which I think is pretty good considering most drivers here don't care about getting good fuel economy in a company car and I'm sure they get driven like they're stolen! These are all cvt cars though.
    So do you work at a mitsubishi shop or just a shop in general?
    How are the mirage's for reliability and what do you see them come in for?
    Have you seen many with the rear axle alignment issue?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    We just run cheap sailun tires once the factory ones are toast which doesn't take long.
    Can you post a link to these?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow that's a great review fummins. Looks like you guys drive them hard too and they hold up well.