Thread: Why are there no aftermarket shocks for ANY mitsubishi model for any year?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Why are there no aftermarket shocks for ANY mitsubishi model for any year?

I checked KYB, Monroe and Gabriel. KYB sells a shock for the Lancer and that's it. Monroe has no Mitsubishi's listed. Neither does Gabriel. As far as I can tell every other car manufacturer is listed by all 3 of these companies. What's so different about Mitsubishi shocks?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    > Mirage is a cheap car
    > after market companies realize mirage owners like things really cheap
    > decide not to release/create parts because of low profit margin and demand.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Madison,

If you truly want cheap shocks investigate the 1st gen toyota echo and bmw e30 shocks. Its been a long time since i was researching this subject but both of these cars are pretty close to a bolt in deal. I downloaded a MONROE fitment guide pdf and just removed a factory shock for the measurements, About a year ago.

I have these https://m.summitracing.com/parts/kon-80-2827spt installed in my car but I'm still working out some of the finer details.

They require 3 things to fit,

1. A bushing for the bottom bolt
    2. Shave of the bump stop
    3. A droop limiter so you don't launch your spring under jounce

Don't ask for an opinion yet because i haven't got the drop stops finished yet so i haven't been driving the car around, other than preliminary testing. I'm hoping for slightly stiffer dampening because when i go camping i really load the car down and the factories simply aren't up to the task to control the weight.

Conversly, if you give me a little bit (i'm in no rush, with a lot of irons in the fire..) and these work out to my liking, i will be putting my factory shocks up for sale cheaply.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    > Mirage is a cheap car
    > after market companies realize mirage owners like things really cheap
    > decide not to release/create parts because of low profit margin and demand.
    I'm not talking about the Mirage. I'm talking about ALL Mitsubishi vehicles! Go to the KYB, Monroe and Gabriel websites and do a vehicle search. There's not even a Mitsubishi in the dropdown lists. What am I missing?

And as far as Mirage being cheap the Yaris has lots of aftermarket shocks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I think there are lots of similarities between the Yaris and the Mirage. Does anyone have pictures of the two cars' suspensions for comparison?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    Madison,

If you truly want cheap shocks investigate the 1st gen toyota echo and bmw e30 shocks. Its been a long time since i was researching this subject but both of these cars are pretty close to a bolt in deal. I downloaded a MONROE fitment guide pdf and just removed a factory shock for the measurements, About a year ago.

I have these https://m.summitracing.com/parts/kon-80-2827spt installed in my car but I'm still working out some of the finer details.

They require 3 things to fit,

1. A bushing for the bottom bolt
    2. Shave of the bump stop
    3. A droop limiter so you don't launch your spring under jounce

Don't ask for an opinion yet because i haven't got the drop stops finished yet so i haven't been driving the car around, other than preliminary testing. I'm hoping for slightly stiffer dampening because when i go camping i really load the car down and the factories simply aren't up to the task to control the weight.

Conversly, if you give me a little bit (i'm in no rush, with a lot of irons in the fire..) and these work out to my liking, i will be putting my factory shocks up for sale cheaply.
    What are you doing for the front?
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I think there are lots of similarities between the Yaris and the Mirage.
    I'm also wondering about the Fit. The Fit's rear axle assembly looks amazingly similar to the Mitage's. Here's a Fit rear axle assembly...

Name:  Fit_Rear_Axle.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  67.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-29-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    What are you doing for the front?
    Nothing. I have eibach springs and the front rides great, with no real reason to change anything, even when im fully loaded.

Google "cut a strut" though, if your interested in playing with the front.

And wow ya the fit axle looks spitting image except the bump in the middle of the beam (which is kinda odd, right?)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I'm not talking about the Mirage. I'm talking about ALL Mitsubishi vehicles! Go to the KYB, Monroe and Gabriel websites and do a vehicle search. There's not even a Mitsubishi in the dropdown lists. What am I missing?

And as far as Mirage being cheap the Yaris has lots of aftermarket shocks.
    Again my point still stands. Only car to get aftermarket struts and probably the Lancer and Eclipse. Or you could just buy coilovers and then put your own springs.

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire