Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Another crap review (Video: Doug Demuro reviews a 2015 Mirage CVT)

Does yours have a traditional ignition key?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Does yours have a traditional ignition key?
    Yes it does!

Aha. It may be just the cars with push-button start which don't have the steering lock.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Aha. It may be just the cars with push-button start which don't have the steering lock.
    All of the cars we have here use a regular key and don't have a steering lock. I thought they were kinda mandatory but I guess not.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-13-2018)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    the guy is clueless about real world mileage. My brother drives a Fit and I used to own two of them. There is absolutely not a "3 mpg difference" between them, although the Fit can get decent highway mileage.
    The mirage dominates in overall MPG.
    2014 White SE with CVT

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Kapitan For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-05-2018),MetroMPG (03-06-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm subscribed to Doug's YouTube channel and watch most of his videos as they're released. When I saw the thumbnail image of the Mirage on his channel I got all excited. I totally expected he'd trash the car, which he did. It annoyed me that he complained about the dumbest little things on such an inexpensive car, such as exposed hardware in obscure areas and the fact that you can see the ground thru the engine compartment. Seriously, Doug? He picks on a lot of cars, usually deservedly so. I thought he was too harsh on the cheapest car sold in America. Objectively compared against other subcompact, he could have pointed out the soft ride, comfy seat, auto climate control, MPGs and other positive traits. I think that's why he got so much hate in the comments.

^ Exactly. He complained about a cheap car having cost-cutting materials & build techniques. Duh!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    Interesting that almost every comment is in support of our little car. Doug is missing the point, this car is a modern day Beetle in that it is a very convincing value for the average person.
    EXACTLY! I just sold my 1969 VW bug after 10 years of driving it, working on it and enjoying it......Our little Mirage is the modern equivalent.....Except that it does almost everything better than the Beetle with its 1930's technology, except off roading and deep snow.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome to the forum! Lots of good info and people here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old n' slow View Post
    EXACTLY!
    Hey old n' slow nice to hear from you. Welcome! Some day you'll have to tell us more about your old Beetle and your new Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)