Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    One more thing. Probably old news. You can use voice control to play music connected via BT.
    Yep - very handy. Use voice controls to place phone calls too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just bought a 2017 Mirage ES with the CVT transmission. I've noticed on occasion the trany will seem to "disengage" while I'm stopped at a light UNTIL I step on the gas. This has caused some problems if I'm on a slight uphill, as the car will roll backwards a little until I step on the gas. Is this normal, or do I have a "developing" problem?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    I just bought a 2017 Mirage ES with the CVT transmission. I've noticed on occasion the trany will seem to "disengage" while I'm stopped at a light UNTIL I step on the gas. This has caused some problems if I'm on a slight uphill, as the car will roll backwards a little until I step on the gas. Is this normal, or do I have a "developing" problem?
    Normal. It's called Idle Neutral Logic. However, you should have Hill Start Assist that holds the brakes for a few seconds while you move your foot to gas to prevent the rolling you describe.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I just bought a 2017 Mirage ES with the CVT transmission.
    Learn more about your Mirage CVT here:

CVT owners... what is "Idle Neutral Logic"? And what is it like to drive?

Keep in mind it is one of the early threads on this forum, started when there weren't many of these cars available in our market. In fact, it might be helpful to know that this forum was started about a year before the car made it to North American shores.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Normal. It's called Idle Neutral Logic. However, you should have Hill Start Assist that holds the brakes for a few seconds while you move your foot to gas to prevent the rolling you describe.
    I thought that might be happening, as a fuel saving measure; as for the Hill Start Assist, maybe it only works on steeper hills; so far I've only noticed it rolling back on very slight uphills. I'll have to try to test it on steeper uphills and see what happens.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I thought that might be happening, as a fuel saving measure; as for the Hill Start Assist, maybe it only works on steeper hills; so far I've only noticed it rolling back on very slight uphills. I'll have to try to test it on steeper uphills and see what happens.
    I have hills with a variety of steepness in the Falls haven't come to a conclusion what angle is needed for HSA to activate. I do wish Mits had an indicator for when HSA was active.

ETA:

I also wish I could set the hill angle before HSA kicked in and set the duration of brake application before it let off.
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 01-21-2018 at 12:48 AM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

I just bought a 2017 Mirage ES with the CVT transmission.
    And welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    And welcome to the forum!
    Thank you, glad to finally make it here.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but, the remotes don't work when the engine is running. On frosty mornings, I like to start the car, get out, and lock all the doors so some nim-nod can't easily drive off with my car. Every previous remote-equipped vehicle I've owned allowed this, in a couple of models I could even arm the security system.

If I learn how to reprogram the ETACS, would this be something I could change? There's a few little software quirks I'd like change.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but, the remotes don't work when the engine is running. On frosty mornings, I like to start the car, get out, and lock all the doors so some nim-nod can't easily drive off with my car. Every previous remote-equipped vehicle I've owned allowed this, in a couple of models I could even arm the security system.

If I learn how to reprogram the ETACS, would this be something I could change? There's a few little software quirks I'd like change.
    Do you have a key ignition or the FAST system with push button start? If you have the FAST system You could lock all the doors once your inside the car before you start it. Start the car, remove the door key from the FAST fob. Leave the FAST key fob in the vehicle. Manually unlock the drivers door and exit the vehicle. Then you just use the key to manually unlock the passenger door, manually lock the drivers door from the passengers side and then manually lock the passenger door with the key. When you’re ready to go, unlock the passenger door with the key, unlock the drivers door manually, enter the vehicle, put the key back in the FAST fob and away you go.

Last edited by inuvik; 01-20-2018 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Added clarification

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)