Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I was able to Enable OEM Cruise control of my 2014 Mirage DE 5-speed Manual.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I wonder if this is another ETACS setting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Those of you using the mini VCI cable, could you please provide a link from where you purchased it? Also, please include whether the computer you used it with was 32 bit or 64 bit?

There seems to be a large variation in cables out there so I want to verify which one is good or not.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Bought the absolute cheapest one possible from eBay. The cables are the same, it is the software included that can be different. If the included disc doesn't support 64 bit windows you can make it work by downloading the software elsewhere and installing manually after a few special commands to unpack it.

You will not need to follow the instructions to get techstream working unless you also want to try it on a Toyota.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Unhappy DE Trim Microphone Location

Quote Originally Posted by seanla04 View Post
    Installing OEM Bluetooth module for 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
    Schematic diagrams:
    Attachment 6341Attachment 6342
    Having the schematics is all well and good, but where is the microphone supposed to be mounted? I've been seeing drawings depicting the microphone as being on the headliner. Can anyone that has OEM Bluetooth in their 2015 Mirage DE post a picture of their microphone? I'm thinking the OEM solution won't be very cheap because it looks like it needs a different headliner than what I currently have...
    Last edited by jzcunning; 08-14-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jzcunning View Post
    Having the schematics is all well and good, but where is the microphone supposed to be mounted? I've been seeing drawings depicting the microphone as being on the headliner. Can anyone that has OEM Bluetooth in their 2015 Mirage DE post a picture of their microphone? I'm thinking the OEM solution won't be very cheap because it looks like it needs a different headliner than what I currently have...
    Here's a 2015 Attachment 9801

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

jzcunning (08-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Here's a 2015 Attachment 9801
    Ah, that really bites... So it really is a different headliner for the 2015 DE trim... Yeah, I think I'll have to put some serious thought into this project since the lowest prices I've seen for any of the headliners is ~$400. I could probably modify the existing one, but there's the risk it'll look like s***.

Thanks for the photo.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cruise Control Working!!

I wanted to share my success of installing factory cruise control on my Mirage DE

My car, USA 2015 Mirage 5mt DE (no cruise from the factory)

Parts Bought
    2015 Mirage ES steering wheel, eBay (127 shipped)
    Brakeswitch 8614A183 eBay (4 pin switch instead of 2 pin that's on the car)
    Switchclutch 8606A025 eBay {will need nut at hardware store, m10 1.25} (for 5 speed only, Yes this is needed so when cruise is active, you hit the clutch pedal the cruise shuts off, there will be 2 switches total on the clutch pedal. One being added and one that comes with the car. 40 shipped for both Genuine Mitsu Switches)
    Toyota Mini VCI cable 32 bit eBay (OBD II plug on one end, USB on other 27 shipped)

install switches
    Brake switch twist out and new one twist in, toss old switch
    Clutch switch installed at top of clutch pedal, wiring for switch was taped into harness no splicing was required.

install steering wheel
    disconnect battery
    remove airbag (I used a medium to small standard screw driver in 3 locations to push {no twisting} spring to release air bag. Pop up yellow tabs with small standard screwdriver on back of airbag. Remove 2 connectors on back of airbag then remove ground wire on airbag. !!!!!!!!Important!!!!!!!!!!! going forward make sure steering wheel is dead nuts center, recommend paint marker at top of column (12 o'clock mark on threaded male end. Also paint mark on steering wheel) remove nut, i think 17mm or 19mm cant remember. I used impact gun, use at your desecration. once nut is removed used steering wheel puller (I used my fist at the back of the wheel to break loose) Replace with new wheel my 2015 ES wheel had ground wire in same connector as cruise and radio controls. Make sure wheel is still straight and torque wheel nut back down. Couldn't find spec I used just shy of 50 fl/lbs (use of impact gun putting wheel back on is on you. I used it to set the nut into place but torqued by hand)

Sounds like a lot but I was trying to be descriptive.

Now you need to change 2 parameters in your ETACS system to active the cruise control (this is where I struggled for a long time)

I did a ton of research and I recommend you do the same before you start this project.

Other ways may work, this is how I did it.
    I have an old acer aspire one netbook with an OS: windows XP 32 bit. I have heard 64 bit systems work but have no knowledge here. I found info saying the 32 bit system is easier. I first went to etacsdecoder.com/forum and made an account for the forum, (I READ A LOT) lots of info here, Read as much as you can, sort threads by number of views then start at the top. Downloaded decoder .rar file. Had to convert file. Downloaded winzip off internet. My mini VCI cable came with a driver for the cable (x-horse) downloaded that using an external cd rom. Once you have all that, open etacs decoder (must have internet connection to work) its going to ask you to log in again. This is a different log in than the forum, put a different user name and password (recommend write both user names and passwords down, I didn't and caused problem later) and click down arrow and click register, NOT LOG IN!! (I derailed here for days) system should boot up. You hit log in after you register. (In this order) plug obdII into car, plug usb into laptop, turn key on. Under ETACS tab I changed to x-horse. Next move to engine tab, find both cruise control parameters and enable them. Click "write to ECU". follow prompts on screen (turn ignition off, wait 2 secs, turn ignition on) press ok. Done. Now cruising!

What I struggled with, tried downloading software that came with the cable thinking it would work on the Mirage. Only part I used was the driver.

This is what I gathered
    Driver=program to run cable
    Hardware= Cable
    Firmware= program that is the cable OBDII part
    Software= ETACS Decoder

Bonus!! Radio controls work as soon as the new wheel was put on!!

Good luckName:  IMG_20170915_104344633.jpg
Views: 2816
Size:  92.7 KBName:  IMG_20170915_113220810.jpg
Views: 2716
Size:  97.4 KBName:  IMG_20170919_153327170_HDR.jpg
Views: 2721
Size:  82.8 KB
    Last edited by Bluemitsu; 09-19-2017 at 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling
    Suck squeeze bang blow!

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluemitsu For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (09-20-2017),Daox (12-07-2017),Eggman (09-20-2017),MetroMPG (09-20-2017),poorman1 (09-19-2017),Top_Fuel (09-20-2017)

Congrats!

Thanks for the added info on your installation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemitsu View Post
    I wanted to share my success of installing factory cruise control on my Mirage DE...

Now you need to change 2 parameters in your ETACS system to active the cruise control (this is where I struggled for a long time)
    I admire your persistence with the ETACS!

Maybe the answer to this next question is buried in this thread somewhere...

If you install everything, can you just pay the dealer to enable the ETACS settings, or will they refuse to do it if they didn't install the parts?!? Given everything you went through, I'd be happy dropping $100 to have them do it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I admire your persistence with the ETACS!

Maybe the answer to this next question is buried in this thread somewhere...

If you install everything, can you just pay the dealer to enable the ETACS settings, or will they refuse to do it if they didn't install the parts?!? Given everything you went through, I'd be happy dropping $100 to have them do it.
    Good question, I wanted to throw my computer about 67 times out of frustration, so I thought the same thing, take it to the dealer and they can turn it on. I took my car there, they tried, they called tech line and the engineer from Mitsubishi said there is no way to add factory cruise. Now I wanted to throw my laptop 68 times. I took a couple days off and drank some beer and went back it. I have confidence with my previous write up and my suggestion to read most of the threads on etacs decoder forum you will only want to throw your laptop less than 10 times but no guarantee. It can be done!

Suck squeeze bang blow!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluemitsu For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (09-21-2017),Eggman (09-21-2017),Rockabilly Manta (02-17-2019),Top_Fuel (09-20-2017)