Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirage mileage readout A and B?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    My car has 21,000 miles and I have never seen/reset my car's lifetime average. Looks like it's pretty accurate in my case:

51.4 mpg = Calculated lifetime average
    51.8 mpg = Computer lifetime "B" average
    Do you coast while driving?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    OK...that worked great. Don't know why I had trouble trying to find it before.

My car has 21,000 miles and I have never seen/reset my car's lifetime average. Looks like it's pretty accurate in my case:

51.4 mpg = Calculated lifetime average
    51.8 mpg = Computer lifetime "B" average
    That's Awesome! I checked mine today and it was 40.6 but I'm betting it will go up a lot more this summer. Car has 670mi now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Do you coast while driving?
    I coast up to traffic lights quite a bit if I can do it without ticking people off behind me. Sometimes I coast in neutral and other times with the car still in gear. I never do engine-off coasting, which I think some people on here might do.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Today I had both my gauges reading 50 and 51mpg on my work commute. I realized just how awesome this car coasts in neutral and even in gear. Seems to go a long while even on flat ground. I will use the technique more. I always did a lil before lights but not on flat ground coasting.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    I'm going to have to check out this b gauge...

I found the factory gauge quite accurate. It was almost always right on. I coast a fair amount. How we're you guys measuring your "actual usage"? Were you filling up at the same pump every time @ just let it click off?
    I always go after the click. I have gotten almost 9 liters after the click once. I don't like filling up that much if I can avoid it.

Side note wtf happened to gas prices this week? Haven't had to fill and looked at prices yesterday. sheesh

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    ...I realized just how awesome this car coasts in neutral and even in gear.
    If you get a Scangauage (which will display your instant mpg), you will observe a big difference in coasting techniques. Sometimes when the car is coasting under the right conditions, the instant mpg reading will jump from 100-200mpg to 9999mpg. I think under the right conditions, the computer can almost shut off the injectors completely when the car is coasting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you get a Scangauage (which will display your instant mpg), you will observe a big difference in coasting techniques. Sometimes when the car is coasting under the right conditions, the instant mpg reading will jump from 100-200mpg to 9999mpg. I think under the right conditions, the computer can almost shut off the injectors completely when the car is coasting.
    I have a Scan gauge E. And I get it to 9999 all the time. That's what I shoot for. I hit 55 the other night on the SG and cars computer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I have a Scan gauge E. And I get it to 9999 all the time.
    Sounds like you've got it figured out. Unless you are driving under perfect conditions all the time, that's the only way to get one of these cars knocking on 50 mpg consistently.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Pryme (04-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I used to have a autometer ecometer in my last car, 08 elantra for the last 6+ years so I figured out long ago how to manipulate the gas pedal to work in my favor haha

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (04-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    The injectors are shut off. It is called "Deceleration Fuel Cut-Off" (DCFO). On my Mirage the injectors kick back on at about 1200 rpm when I am engine-braking to a stop. Not sure if this is what you are talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVUJqfKPTcQ

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-05-2017),Top_Fuel (04-15-2017)