Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Not very happy with my new Mirage purchase. (Mostly the ride quality)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itsonme View Post
    I am wondering what it cost you to upgrade the suspension?

In fairness to the Mirage, I have had neck and back problems in the past due to a Motorcycle accident. Also, screws in my wrist, knee and shoulder. I haven't had any problems for quite sometime (like years) until my recent two hour trip. I think a firmer suspension would make a world of difference.

I would also like to say, on a nice road, that is straight, the car drives awesome. My issue is that I am in WV, and all the roads are winding, unless I get on an interstate.

Just a word of advice to anyone considering buying one of these little gas savers. Rent one for a couple days and go from there. I wish I did that.

Peace.
    Check your laws in WVa. In Va there is a "lemon law" that makes the dealership take the vehicle back if the "handling issues" can be traced back to any alignment issue.

If you have any "out of alignment" issues then the dealership MUST correct them or take the car back. In VA they get 3 tries, with the first try your first visit with the "handling" complaint.

Assuming (big a$$-umption) your states laws mirror Virginia and you complain about the handling. They have to fix it or refund your money.

This course of action may NOT force them to take the car back, but it MAY force them to correct the handling issue.

For your back, try a roll of paper towels to see if more lumber support helps.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I actually bought the Mirage in Virginia. Thanks for the advice.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, this picture should say it all (I just got home)

You have been a friendly bunch, I appreciate that. Time to move on (and hopefully forget it all)

Peace....

PaulName:  soul 001.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  96.4 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    '16 Kia Soul in silver. I must say great choice! I have a '11 Soul base in clear white and 5-speeds and love it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks, I absolutely love it. It is a base 6 speed!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itsonme View Post
    Thanks, I absolutely love it. It is a base 6 speed!
    Best of luck to ya with your new ride. Mirage just wasn't the right car for your needs. Thanks for hanging out with us for a couple of weeks anyway!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    given that this is an ECO car and cheapest i supposed, what else could i ask for? not all cars are perfect. i understand the love-hate but once your into it, theres no turning back gonna get used to it or DIY mods are the best!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    given that this is an ECO car and cheapest i supposed, what else could i ask for? not all cars are perfect. i understand the love-hate but once your into it, theres no turning back gonna get used to it or DIY mods are the best!
    Amazing amount of customization going on in the Philippines!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wait, can someone explain to me the outcome?

So he traded in the Mirage for a $2700 loss and bought a Kia Soul from another dealership?

That Kia Soul looks an awful lot like a Nissan Cube
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @ Fc321:

I am just as surprised. I came to the conclusion earlier today that I would just have to keep the Mirage. I looked on the same dealers website and seen an internet special for the Soul at 13,995.00 And I had a 500.00 off coupon because I already bought a car from them (the mirage) So, I went just to look...lol.

They have almost every car dealership covered.

I would have liked to have sold the Mirage to someone for the 8,500 the dealership gave me. but, it is a wrap now.

"That Kia Soul looks an awful lot like a Nissan Cube"

It is similar. I respect the fact that this is a Mirage forum so this is all I will say, the actual driving is the difference between night and day.

However, I do miss the keyless entry already.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to itsonme For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (03-27-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Original Poster,

Update: In regards to the seats not going back enough you can take the car to a welding shop and see if they cant modify the brackets to give you an extra 6 inches (maybe weld some more metal to the end of the tracks to allow the seat to roll back farther. THe seats are generally held in by 4 bolts (Torx head M50 would be my guess)
    I would not recommend doing something like this. The SRS system has a drivers seat position sensor connected to the rail. If you were to extend that rail somehow, or move the whole seat rearward, airbag deployment would be premature and not timed correctly. Or it could set a SRS code for incorrect sensor information and would render the system useless anyway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.3 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.0 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to eulogylife For This Useful Post:

fc321 (03-27-2016)