Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WeatherTech side window deflectors and floorliners review

Country
    United States
    Thanks

WeatherTech side window deflectors and floorliners review

I purchased and installed these over a month ago. They are the in channel type. They looked great and I really liked how they have such a lower profile, or closer to the body of the vehicle then the normal type that you stick on with double sided tape.

But here come the bad things...
    The rear set worked great and have stayed in place with no problems as they use a metal clip that you insert in the window channel. The front set keep falling off! From day one they would only stay on for a few days before I would roll down the window and one would fall out of the trac on the ground. I called WeatherTech and they sent out some 2 sided tape. Extremely thin double sided tape so that it would fit up in the channel. I went to a authorized retailer to have them installed with the tape to take out the error of my self not installing them correctly.

They stayed on the vehicle for a few weeks. Yesterday the drivers front flew off while I was driving, it died in the process. I contacted WeatherTech asking for a refund this time. They havent contacted me back yet.
    They need to go back to the drawing board for the Mirage window deflectors.

So who makes the best ones out there? I am thinking about trying the OEM Mitsubishi deflectors.

Also purchased a set of the WeatherTech floorliners. Love those! Had to find a way to anchor down the passenger side because it wanted to slide forward. But overall they are awesome.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flotownj For This Useful Post:

Car Nut (02-15-2017),inuvik (02-15-2017),Top_Fuel (02-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I live in one of the rainiest areas of the country, and so I have Ventshades on every car that I can put them on. That said, the OEM Mitsubishi ones are great. They fit nice, are securely installed with clips and tape, are finished better than most aftermarket Ventshades I have used, and they say MITSUBISHI on them!

Pretty much impossible for them to fall off, as they have clips that actually go completely underneath the door window weatherstripping.

One thing about them is the instructions are overly complicated. If you decide to get them, let us know here and I will tell you the 'easy' way to install them.

I have no complaints about WeatherTech's floor liners. I have almost 60,000 pizza delivery miles on mine and they have held up great. In and out of the car 50-100 times a day...wearing combat boots.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can confirm that the Mitsubishi deflectors are the best. I had mine on for almost two years now and no problems. The clips and tape are really holding up.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The floor liners and vent shades will be the next thing on my list. I like how the floor liners also cover the drivers side "foot rest". The factory weather mats don't.
    Anybody know of a dealer selling the weather guard mats at a discounted price? Best price for the shades?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    The floor liners and vent shades will be the next thing on my list. I like how the floor liners also cover the drivers side "foot rest". The factory weather mats don't.
    Anybody know of a dealer selling the weather guard mats at a discounted price? Best price for the shades?
    The WeatherTechs pretty much just cost what they cost. IIRC, we did a 'group buy' here a year or two ago from WeatherTech and got some kind of discount, but I am not sure how much it was. Spendy, but worth the money. I bought front, rear, and cargo for mine...to the tune of about $300! I don't regret it for a minute. One thing about them is that the area of 'dead pedal' coverage is fine if you wear a Size 6...not so much if you wear a Size 12.

I think I bought the OEM ventshades at the stealership parts counter, but I think you can find them on Ebay a bit cheaper.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flotownj View Post
    ...Also purchased a set of the WeatherTech floorliners.
    ...Had to find a way to anchor down the passenger side because it wanted to slide forward.
    Mine came with 2 plastic anchors for the passenger side floor liner (the anchors screw into the existing carpet). I haven't installed them yet...but I need to.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Mine came with 2 plastic anchors for the passenger side floor liner (the anchors screw into the existing carpet). I haven't installed them yet...but I need to.
    So did mine. They are still not enough since the anchor is not made into the carpet like on the drivers side. They just screw down through the carpet and are just not sturdy enough installed that way. The passenger liner will still slide forward over time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to flotownj For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (02-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    The WeatherTechs pretty much just cost what they cost. IIRC, we did a 'group buy' here a year or two ago from WeatherTech and got some kind of discount, but I am not sure how much it was. Spendy, but worth the money. I bought front, rear, and cargo for mine...to the tune of about $300! I don't regret it for a minute. One thing about them is that the area of 'dead pedal' coverage is fine if you wear a Size 6...not so much if you wear a Size 12.

I think I bought the OEM ventshades at the stealership parts counter, but I think you can find them on Ebay a bit cheaper.
    Guess I'm SOL with my size 13's. Lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flotownj View Post
    ...They just screw down through the carpet and are just not sturdy enough installed that way. The passenger liner will still slide forward over time.
    Oh crap. Thanks for the heads-up. Guess I won't bother installing them until I can rig up something a little more permanent.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    Best price for the shades?
    Amazon has them for about $66 right now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FH1AW4G/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=CMGU IYKF0W7S&coliid=I2TINAPO8O745C

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 51.2 mpg (US) ... 21.8 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.5 mpg (Imp)