Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 3A92 1.2L Mirage exhaust header by SuperCircuit

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjoooyyy View Post
    Guess you've already installed it, but the gasket is metal one, should be reusable as your car is still pretty new.. So how is it running with the supercircuit?
    I have not unfortunately. Went JB but I didn't want to wait as the exhaust shop was crowded.
    I tried twice to install it myself but my cheap ratchets were all stripped. The bolts on the headers were torqued down high.
    Already bought better tools and 6 point sockets. Will attempt a diy session again.

On the other hand I am tempted to visit Visworks JB and put it on a dyno and do a before and after
    But no time to go over and I am not sure if they are free enough on weekends.

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fit View Post
    I have not unfortunately. Went JB but I didn't want to wait as the exhaust shop was crowded.
    I tried twice to install it myself but my cheap ratchets were all stripped. The bolts on the headers were torqued down high.
    Already bought better tools and 6 point sockets. Will attempt a diy session again.

On the other hand I am tempted to visit Visworks JB and put it on a dyno and do a before and after
    But no time to go over and I am not sure if they are free enough on weekends.
    Alright sure thing, let's see if the hp is the same as claim, interested to see also..

Country
    Japan
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Here is what i get after install the header.Name:  IMG.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  96.5 KB

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ShawnMelvin For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-19-2017),Fit (02-19-2017),HitShane (02-19-2017),MetroMPG (02-19-2017)

Couple of questions:

Is the first test (Runfile__001) file a normal dyno plot for the unmodified engine? Seems very jumpy.

In the first tiest, why wasn't the engine run up to the same RPM as the header test? It looks like it ran up to ~5100 RPM, but the header test went to ~6600 RPM.

Just wondering.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Japan
    Thanks
    I'm not really sure about the graph, I change the whole exhaust system due to my primary cat come with some issue after 3years(noisy like there is a coin inside jumping over). Fuel consumption almost double than before a full tank only can go about 200km.
    I'm not at the scene when they dyno my car. Sorry =(
    But can feel the different when paddle down the gas.

Thanks for the extra info.

Sounds like you may have had an O2 sensor failure that caused the engine to run in open loop (fuel rich mode) which overheated & destroyed the matrix inside the catalytic converter and caused increased fuel consumption.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-08-2022)

Country
    Japan
    Thanks
    From the ODB diagnose tools, there is no error on the o2 sensor. Base on service center tech told me, it could be oil treatment cause the cat malfunction. Anyway, CVT gearbox doesn't gain much base on the original dyno graph by super circuits.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMelvin View Post
    ... I change the whole exhaust system due to my primary cat come with some issue after 3years(noisy like there is a coin inside jumping over) ...
    I'm interested to know more about this.. I had a similar problem and suspected the primary cat first but then when I brought the car to the shop where I had my headers installed, it was found out that the real cause of the noise was coming from the muffler.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMelvin View Post
    ... Base on service center tech told me, it could be oil treatment cause the cat malfunction...
    What particular oil treatment is this?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    What particular oil treatment is this?
    I'd like to know too

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Japan
    Thanks
    I remove my muffler 2 years ago and replace with custom bullet. As i check at workshop when they jack up my car. i hear the sound is from upper side where there is 2 screw with spring, i believe near to the primary cat.

For the oil treatment, actually similar brand like "Caltex Techron Plus". It mention harm free to cat. but not really sure the harm free is their marketing stretegy or really help to clean. As for me, i doenst feel any different after poul into my tank.
    you may see the link below
    https://www.caltex.com/my/motorists/...rate-plus.html