Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wow I'm so glad i didnt buy a daewoo spark

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I checked out the Spark before opting for the Mirage. I was very concerned with Spark reliability having stepped out of a problematic Nissan Versa. Although the Spark interior looked more stylish and modern, it felt very cheap and fragile to me. Thin plastic door handles. Flimsy climate controls. I passed and got a Mirage. 2yrs later not regretting it at all. Now if I could just get this annoying rear alignment headache resolved.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to palebeachbum For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    You did see Darin's update on the rear alignment right? He contacted Mitsu on the subject:

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post54702
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Isn't the new Spark based on an Opel platform, rather than Daewoo? We were considering the Spark as well, but it was pricier than the Mirage, especially considering the lack of "comfort" features (power windows, power doors, etc.) at a similar price point as an ES Mirage. My mother had a Saturn Astra, which was also an Opel platform car, and it didn't have any issues for the time we had it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernadine For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    I checked out the Spark before opting for the Mirage. I was very concerned with Spark reliability having stepped out of a problematic Nissan Versa. Although the Spark interior looked more stylish and modern, it felt very cheap and fragile to me. Thin plastic door handles. Flimsy climate controls. I passed and got a Mirage. 2yrs later not regretting it at all. Now if I could just get this annoying rear alignment headache resolved.
    Read that post.Mitsubishi says covered under 5/60

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I received an email update for this thread which was worded:

"BostonJellyBean shares his delight in Mirage reliability after reading
    the Spark owners forum."

With such a hilarious description, I just had to read!
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lol..... Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I learned a valuable lesson in looking at forums before buying a car. I had a 1988 Isuzu Trooper that was the worst bucket of bent bolts that I've ever driven. Check Planetisuzoo, and every other post is something wrong. Broken CV axles. Head gaskets. Transmissions. EFI issues. These guys considered the 2.6 4ZE1 engine dependable because you only had to change the head gasket twice a year.

So when looking at little cars, I was considering the spark. Saw the plethora of issues. Bought a mirage.

That was 52,000 miles ago. Couldn't be happier.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinker1980 For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-12-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
    I learned a valuable lesson in looking at forums before buying a car. I had a 1988 Isuzu Trooper that was the worst bucket of bent bolts that I've ever driven. Check Planetisuzoo, and every other post is something wrong. Broken CV axles. Head gaskets. Transmissions. EFI issues. These guys considered the 2.6 4ZE1 engine dependable because you only had to change the head gasket twice a year.

So when looking at little cars, I was considering the spark. Saw the plethora of issues. Bought a mirage.

That was 52,000 miles ago. Couldn't be happier.
    Good to see you checking in, Tinker! I moved past you mileage-wise with my Mirage, which was purchased a few months after yours. I have 56,000 and also no issues to report. Best damned $14k I ever spent so far!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonJellyBean View Post
    Ya. After peeking over at the spark forum... So glad I didn't buy that bailout pos. Holy crap. Bad pcv valves and blown motors and no ac. How did Mitsubishi figure out how to properly apply the Jatco cvt yet government motors couldn't?
    Bless Mitsubishi for making the mirage. I almost bought a daewoo spark.
    I also read on the Mitsubishi web site this year is Mitsubishi 100year anniversary!! I think they know what there doing!! Everyone else in the US needs to wake up and realize they build Great cars and SUV and quit listening to the consumer reports!! That blow Hot Air!! Awesome!! You bought a Mirage!!!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (01-16-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Bought 2 for 21k