Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me customize my 2015 Mirage please!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Ah, I see you have since posted a picture! That is a 2015 Mirage DE.

Get your alignment checked and consider looking for wheels. Mini Cooper rims in a 4-bolt pattern fit the Mirage. Here's an example:

Appleton WI: Mini Cooper R15 rims - $200

Set of 4 original R15 Mini Cooper rims for $200.
    More here: Craigslist Finds
    And here: Wheels: What Else Fits the Mirage? (With photos)

Just a start to the possibilities with your new Mirage. Lots of forum members also aim to improve the fuel economy of their cars, and there are lots of threads devoted to that as well. Let us know what you think.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Ah, I see you have since posted a picture! That is a 2015 Mirage DE.

Get your alignment checked and consider looking for wheels. Mini Cooper rims in a 4-bolt pattern fit the Mirage. Here's an example:

Appleton WI: Mini Cooper R15 rims - $200

More here: Craigslist Finds
    And here: Wheels: What Else Fits the Mirage? (With photos)

Just a start to the possibilities with your new Mirage. Lots of forum members also aim to improve the fuel economy of their cars, and there are lots of threads devoted to that as well. Let us know what you think.
    maybe if i come into a little more money ill get some wheels :P thanks you so much for all your help.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ScallyWags View Post
    I know it might not be the best car to customize but it was bought for me without any notice and it was given to me as a "surprise" which pretty much means i have no room to be ungrateful but i am not a fan of how feminine and unappealing the design of the car is to me that why im looking to make as many changes as i can to make people not as unappealing to look at. The more i got thinking into it though i noticed how much potential mirages have especially scouring this forum so i pretty much just want to make the best of the situation im in and try to make this car something decent without breaking my wallet.
    Ha! I'm not sure I can help you much, as I kinda like how it is, as it is. I've dumped more than my share of money on cars and appreciate some basic, honest transportation without worrying what others think about it.

That being said, read up on forum member Gnarles2's Mirage. I think you'll like it.

ISP Guy swapped in some Mini wheels: 2013 Mini Cooper wheel swap
    And gave a solid review of his Mirage experience: 2015 Mirage DE, 1 year ownership review
    Last edited by Eggman; 04-02-2017 at 08:11 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Gnarles2 (04-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ha! I'm not sure I can help you much, as I kinda like how it is, as it is. I've dumped more than my share of money on cars and appreciate some basic, honest transportation without worrying what others think about it.

That being said, read up on forum member Gnarles2's Mirage. I think you'll like it.
    What if i add these things in your opinion:

Window deflectors: https://www.carid.com/avs/smoke-stan...0&url=15583465

Front scoop: https://www.amazon.com/Style-Univers...bishi%3Amirage

Maybe some blue seat covers but they dont particularly match the outside theme of the car dont think that matters though: https://www.amazon.com/FH-GROUP-FH-FB050114-Cloth-Covers/dp/B01MDV53ZN/ref=sr_1_7?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1491105101&veh icle=2015-72-940------------6-0&sr=1-7&ymm=2015%3Amitsubishi%3Amirage

Thoughts on any of these additions to start? Then i might by some 6 dollar peel off spray paint and paint wheels black

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScallyWags For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-02-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What if i add these things in your opinion:

Window deflectors: https://www.carid.com/avs/smoke-stan...0&url=15583465
    Forum members have had best experiences using both Mitsubishi stock deflectors and those from WeatherTech. I bought WeatherTech floor liners and am really glad I did - they work great. I'm always surprised by how much they keep out of the carpet.

Side Window Deflectors (M2562854)
    WeatherTech side window deflectors and floorliners review

Can't be much help there. This is a three-cylinder engine, and personally I think it would look like a joke lol. I'm of the opinion that hood scoops belong on V8 muscle cars.

Maybe some blue seat covers but they dont particularly match the outside theme of the car dont think that matters though: https://www.amazon.com/FH-GROUP-FH-F...bishi%3Amirage
    Be careful with seat covers as your Mirage has airbags in the front seats. Your owner's manual cautions against seat covers. Check with your Mitsubishi dealer for details. For liability, I advise against it.

Thoughts on any of these additions to start? Then i might by some 6 dollar peel off spray paint and paint wheels black
    Most forum members use Plasti-dip. I wouldn't do it to my Mirage, unless it made it go farther on less fuel, or somehow improve it's usefulness to me. Otherwise I'd get out of hand and waste loads of cash on this little gem of a car.
    Last edited by Eggman; 04-02-2017 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Changed phrasing of my notion of 'improvement.'

Country
    United States
    Thanks

can you link me where to where to buy these

and without the scoop maybe its just me but i dont like the car without a scoop and i know its not for performance but i liked it but seeing and you put it in perspective i guess it would look kinda ****ty, but without the scoop i feel the deflectors would look bad too and without either of those rim painting would just make my car go from new and nice looking to half nice half ****ty....i have no clue what to do with this car anymore.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Forum members have had best experiences using both Mitsubishi stock deflectors and those from WeatherTech. I bought WeatherTech floor liners and am really glad I did - they work great. I'm always surprised by how much they keep out of the carpet.

WeatherTech side window deflectors and floorliners review

Can't be much help there. This is a three-cylinder engine, and personally I think it would look like a joke lol. I'm of the opinion that hood scoops belong on V8 muscle cars.

Be careful with seat covers as your Mirage has airbags in the front seats. Your owner's manual cautions against seat covers. Check with your Mitsubishi dealer for details. For liability, I advise against it.

Most forum members use Plasti-dip. I wouldn't do it to my Mirage, unless it made it go farther on less fuel, or somehow improve it's usefulness to me. Otherwise I'd get out of hand and waste loads of cash on this little gem of a car.
    forgot to quote you i posted up there ^^^^^^

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's a dealer item. Online I like to search MitsubishiPartsWarehouse to get an idea of cost & availability.

Genuine Mitsubishi Accessories Category - 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage

Ha! It appears the part number listed above is wrong.
    SIDE WINDOW DEFLECTORS Part # MZ562854EX

Quote Originally Posted by MitsubishiPartsWarehouse.com
    Manufacturer: Mitsubishi
    Part Number: MZ562854EX
    Part: SIDE WINDOW DEFLECTORS
    Part Notes: Roll down the windows and take in the fresh air. These side window air deflectors reduce the amount of direct airflow and wind turbulence inside your Mirage.
    i have no clue what to do with this car anymore.
    Don't listen to me! It's your car. I'm telling you my approach to this car. You'll have to get your own lol.

I know other forum members will chime in here and straighten you out. There's others with lots of great ideas about modifying the Mirage, and I admire them all. I'm just too cheap to try.
    Last edited by Eggman; 04-02-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Upgrading the car is an issue due to the costs of that, i wouldn't no the first thing about suspension or what to do with it because im awful with mechanical things, and i like the idea of changing the rims, idk what people mean by different tires (bigger ones?) and i really wanna focus on the exterior because even if i dont repaint it something needs to be done about how ugly the car is visually. I like the car a lot and im excited for what it COULD look like but currently im not a fan of its looks.
    That's why you get the Airlift 1000 kit. All you need to do is lift the car up and shove the red bags into the bag springs, then zip tie the air pipes on the frame, and then drill or zip tie the end where ever so you can put air into it. Its about $95 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You could probably get the Konig Heliums 15x6.5 with 195/50r15 tires.

Painting the car isn't really going to affect how your car appeals to people. The front is not a looker I'll agree. My car does look completely different with roofrack, basket rack, rack fairing, bullbar, light bar, stickers, etc....

Is that hood scoop completely ricer? Does it have any actual use other than visuals? I understand you're trying to improve the looks on the car but you really need to consider improving the ride, comfort, and handling.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-02-2017),ScallyWags (04-02-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    That's why you get the Airlift 1000 kit. All you need to do is lift the car up and shove the red bags into the bag springs, then zip tie the air pipes on the frame, and then drill or zip tie the end where ever so you can put air into it. Its about $95 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Painting the car isn't really going to affect how your car appeals to people. The front is not a looker I'll agree. My car does look completely different with roofrack, basket rack, rack fairing, bullbar, light bar, stickers, etc....

Is that hood scoop completely ricer? Does it have any actual use other than visuals? I understand you're trying to improve the looks on the car but you really need to consider improving the ride, comfort, and handling.
    like i said im dumb so whats the purpose of the airlift? Makes the suspension better so the ride is more comfortable?

Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    And i cant afford this lol