Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bronze Konig Heliums on Sapphire Blue

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    So are the alignment numbers you posted here before or after you installed the lowering springs?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks great! What are you using for side skirts?
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    So are the alignment numbers you posted here before or after you installed the lowering springs?
    Those were before, with the original rear axle, before the replacement one was installed.

Looks great! What are you using for side skirts?
    Air dam and side skirts are made out of coroplast, mounted with L-shaped corner braces and double-sided molding tape, and secured with Gorilla tape.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    It's lowered on H&R springs, and the rear alignment was quite bad after, with a LOT of rear toe-in. You are correct that I do have a turnbuckle setup on it to pull the toe out to near zero, and it made a huge difference. Only complaint is a clunking sound from the back when I have passengers, otherwise it's fine. I think it's coming in contact with something on the evap canister mount, but I no longer have access to an alignment rack to move the turnbuckle up one hole on the spring perches to move them away from it. Ideally, I want to move that canister back some, since having the turnbuckle in the rearmost hole requires the least amount of tension to set the toe.
    Please post some pics. By what you said you have done you have removed 100% of the independent movement of the tire and wheel (in relation to each other)).... This cannot be correct?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This mirage is stunning!!! I am a fan of every wheel you've used vx,hx,stock es, konig heliums are my favorite 15" wheels

Did I say this mirage looks stunning?!

If I didn't use mine to haul people I would love to have this look! Once my mirage is retired.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alex16 For This Useful Post:

Cani Lupine (02-14-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    Please post some pics.
    Check out THIS link. I think this is basically similar to what Cani Lupine has done. He just used chain instead of cable.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Check out THIS link. I think this is basically similar to what Cani Lupine has done. He just used chain instead of cable.
    That's what I thought.

Everyone is aware this completely over-rides the intentional designed action of the rear suspension?

I cannot fathom this as being a positive permanent addition.
    A temporary tool to correct the alignment? Yea bring it on.

It locks the tires together and side loads the beam, when either tire moves independently far enough.
    Last edited by MightyMirageMpg; 02-14-2017 at 01:29 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    Please post some pics. By what you said you have done you have removed 100% of the independent movement of the tire and wheel (in relation to each other)).... This cannot be correct?
    See here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Your first turnbuckle looked undoubtedly strong! haha

This binds up the rear end you must feel it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Even if you don't care for the style of these wheels, notice that the size and offset (15 x 6.5", 40mm offset) is nearly perfect for a Mirage. The face of these wheels will sit out 1.25" further than a stock wheel...completely eliminating the stock Mirage's funky stance of undersized wheels tucked way too far into the fenders. These wheels are also 2 pounds lighter than a 14 x 4.5" stock alloy wheel.