Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rattles?

Country
    Portugal
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Rattles?

Hello. This is my first post. Sorry for my bad English. I'm writing from Portugal and I was interested in the mirage / space star before opting for an VW up!. I love the up! but today I regret my decision. The suspension is too stiff for my poor back. I tested a space star and enjoyed the driving. But behaves the car in the short and medium term in terms of rattles and noises on the dashboard and everywhere? I hate them and can not stand a car with noises. Thanks for all the information that the owners can give.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you bog down my manual the exhaust sounds like it bangs against something, interior I haven't had any rattles, I did have a strange blower noise caused by ice that may have fallen into my fan assembly.. it went away after a few days. I have read that the usb cable in the glove box can rattle if dangling.
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Like alex16 said, it's probably the USB cable in the glove box. The salesperson said that's what any sound from the glove box was while we were test driving it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have no rattles or vibrations at all inside. When I do hear them is due to some loose object that I have put.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zacarias View Post
    Hello. This is my first post. Sorry for my bad English. I'm writing from Portugal and I was interested in the mirage / space star before opting for an VW up!. I love the up! but today I regret my decision. The suspension is too stiff for my poor back. I tested a space star and enjoyed the driving. But behaves the car in the short and medium term in terms of rattles and noises on the dashboard and everywhere? I hate them and can not stand a car with noises. Thanks for all the information that the owners can give.
    I had a dash rattle, was a loose bluetooth module in the back of the Headunit.
    Now just everywhere else rattles...

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    No rattles or noises so far and the suspension is good for my back, because I don't feel the bumps of the road.
    I had a VW UP as a rental some time ago, but I could not find a comfortable sitting position at all. In particular, the back of the seat was terrible, wrongly shaped and not properly adjustable.
    The Mirage/Spacestar is very much better!

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    I had a dash rattle, was a loose bluetooth module in the back of the Headunit.
    Now just everywhere else rattles...
    What you mean by «now just everywhere else rattles...»?

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the contributions. Very friendly person available on this forum! I have to make a new test drive in the mirage. The test drive I had occasion to make the seller was very careless and left several cables, I think connected to the USB port, which made huge rattles. These rattles disturbed my review ...

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zacarias View Post
    What you mean by «now just everywhere else rattles...»?
    Dash facia rattles, driver rear window rattles when it is completely up, somewhere towards the passenger rear rattles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    we have had ours for less then a month and around 600 miles but so far no rattles.