Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Sets of TPMS Sensors

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Not sure of your location Pryme but here's an example of what can be found on Craigslist. Sometimes folks just want to clear out the garage.

Last edited by Eggman; 04-03-2017 at 05:06 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Listen to Eggman. Don't spend $200 on a set of steel wheels when that kind of money can buy you a nice set of used wheels that will look a lot better.

As far as TPMS goes...

If you want to have 2 sets of wheels/tires and maintain TPMS functionality in both sets, this can be done without having to program the car's computer every time you swap wheels (which is expensive because there's not an aftermarket tool available yet that works on a Mirage).

Each Mirage TPMS sensor has a unique numeric ID. The car's computer stores the 4 ID's of the TPMS sensors. If the computer doesn't see those 4 TPMS ID's every time the car starts, the TPMS light will come on. You can have the 4 ID's of your current sensors cloned into another set of (clone-able) sensors. That will allow you to have 2 sets of wheels with the same 4 TPMS ID's. Yes...you will have to spend money on the sensors. But you will never have to have a dealer program them (which costs about $100). Check out the video in THIS post for more info.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Search craigslist / kijiji for 4 lug 14" steelies from a Honda Civic. You'll save a bunch and they will fit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm in WI. Okay I will look on CL. Will the bore be the same? I seen civics have 54mm? Mirage is 56.1?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I'm in WI. Okay I will look on CL. Will the bore be the same? I seen civics have 54mm? Mirage is 56.1?
    Where did you find that the Civic center bore is 54mm?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I thought I read that on the big wheel list on this forum but I very well could be wrong.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I thought I read that on the big wheel list on this forum but I very well could be wrong.
    Okay. I used Wheel-Size.com as my source for sizing info. Let's look at the Civic:

Wheel-Size.com: Honda Civic

Year Bolt Pattern Center Bore Rim Diameter Width Offset
    1979 4x100 mm 56.1 mm 13" - 14" 4.5" - 5" 45 mm
    1980 4x100 mm 56.1 mm 13" - 14" 4.5" - 5" 45 mm
    1985 4x100 mm 56.1 mm 13" - 15" 5" - 6" 45 mm
    1990 4x100 mm 56.1 mm 13" - 15" 4.5" - 6" 45 mm
    2000 4x100 mm 56.1 mm 13" - 16" 5" - 6" 45 mm
    2005 4x100 mm 56.1 mm 14" - 17" 5.5" - 6.5" 45 mm
    2016 Mirage 4x100 mm 56.1 mm 14" - 15" 4.5" - 5" 46 mm

I skipped years as I don't have the time right now to type it all in.

Knowing that some info on the internets can be unreliable, I would like to find other sources that can back this up as I wouldn't want to mislead anyone who wants to buy a used set of wheels.

That being said - from what we have here, I'd say the Civic rims are comparable, and would be a good fit.

Also - don't forget to check out these other resources for wheel fitment.
    WillTheyFit.com
    Insert your existing wheel and tyre specs, and the desired size, and the outcome is shown on the diagram.
    Wheel-Size.com
    Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets. Play with specs, try different settings, compare results.
    TireSize.com
    Compare metric or inch tire specs side by side and view with our tire visualizer. Also find vehicle speedometer error and available alternate tire sizes.

Best wishes.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (04-05-2017),Top_Fuel (04-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I am with you. I tried the ATEQ MitsuReset with no success. Sent it back. I decided that it is stupid to spend hundreds of dollars to make a little light on my dash go out when I regularly check my tire pressure anyway.

All the light tells me now is that my snow tires are on the car and in the spring it will be time to swap them out.
    I've actually been playing with this lately, although I am using a Lancer but I have learned some tricks that might make it work with a Mirage or at least would be worth a try. Cobrajet when you were trying to get the mitsureset to work which TPMS activator were you using?

I got it working on my 2010 Lancer GTS, but I had to have the car running, and I am using an Autel 401 TPMS activator, I had a TPMS service required indicator and didn't want to pay the dealer even though that would have been cheaper then buying the tools but now I have them for the future etc. I came across your post and created an account to just post the information hoping maybe to help someone else in the future, not a lot of information out there concerning the mitsureset.

If anyone has any questions, or if any mirage users located in St. Louis that want to test it out, just let me know and we can try to meet up.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bishoptf For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-18-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bishoptf View Post
    I've actually been playing with this lately, although I am using a Lancer but I have learned some tricks that might make it work with a Mirage or at least would be worth a try. Cobrajet when you were trying to get the mitsureset to work which TPMS activator were you using?

I got it working on my 2010 Lancer GTS, but I had to have the car running, and I am using an Autel 401 TPMS activator, I had a TPMS service required indicator and didn't want to pay the dealer even though that would have been cheaper then buying the tools but now I have them for the future etc. I came across your post and created an account to just post the information hoping maybe to help someone else in the future, not a lot of information out there concerning the mitsureset.

If anyone has any questions, or if any mirage users located in St. Louis that want to test it out, just let me know and we can try to meet up.
    I was using an ATEQ VT30. It triggered the sensors just fine, but there was no response at all from the MitsuReset. The instructions very clearly state "key on/engine off" when doing the procedure.

I have heard that the MitsuReset works with other models and years, but I don't think anyone has gotten it to work with the Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I was using an ATEQ VT30.
    I had an email exchange with one of their engineers shortly after Cobrajet and I went through the same frustrating experience last year with this tool. It was pretty evident through my discussion with ATEQ that they never actually tested the device on a Mirage. They seemed surprised when I told them that multiple Mirage owners have tried this product and it failed to operate as described. Because it worked on a Lancer, I think they assumed it would be OK on the Mirage. That's not a good assumption in the world of Mitsubishi.

I gave the product a very detailed, honest negative review on Amazon and said "Don't buy this if you own a Mirage...because it won't work." Shortly after that, the product disappeared from Amazon's website. Hmmm...

If I ever go down this road again, I will be looking into clone-able sensors so I don't have to worry about anything interfacing with the Mirage's computer. That's where everyone seems to run into problems.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)