Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Enhancement Requests: how would you improve the Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Winter (and fall) fuel economy refinement is a must, that is by far my biggest, and really only complaint.

Center console and armrest.

Built in cellphone holders/chargers/integration. They're building all the machinery into the car and that, in the end is somewhat silly. If they just had better phone integration, you wouldn't have to worry about the car system failing. The phone will fail and be replaced easily, and likely at far less cost. On a side note, I really don't know why cellphone chargers, like a female USB in a good spot isn't the norm. The only vehicle I've ever seen this done well was a new (and very expensive) dodge ram.

Better Radio Reception and louder speakers (the speakers they enhanced in the 2015, from what I know.)

Sound dampening refinement for the engine (I don't know if they fixed this in the 2017.)

Better materials for the trunk (I don't know if they fixed that in the 2017.)

The side buttons on the 2014 also don't light up, it's somewhat annoying if I have to adjust the mirrors on the go, There is no way to see them at night.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I was about to say the same. I'll admit that I bought the mirage because I couldn't find a Subaru with M/T, but Subie just extended their chassis again for the '18 crosstrek and finally had enough room for a 6th gear. it's a serious engineering challenge getting a 4th driving ring between the front wheels of a narrow car with a transverse engine. (I know subarus are not transverse) 5 speeds are popular because gearing packages nicely in pairs, and reverse takes up one of those spots. If I were going to ask for a 6 speed, I'd come right out and ask for a 7, because if they're going to give me the extra fuel saving gear on the top end, it doesn't take much more to add an extra low gear for pulling out stumps (I know, I know, costs money, breaks cv's)
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Did I mention that I want:
    1. Larger sun visors
    2. Larger sun visors and
    3. Larger sun visors?
    4. Black plastic above the mirror to block out the sun because of the small sun visors...

I drive from west to east in the morning and from east to west in the evening. I have never owned a car with such small sun visors.
    It will cost next to nothing and I honestly do not understand why Mitsubishi test drivers approved it. They must have very dark sun glasses on all the time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RodeRoNL For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-24-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe it's there, but I haven't found it yet... would love a seek/scan on the radio. Also, not overly excited about the headlights
    Last edited by chicken_stanley; 04-30-2017 at 05:24 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken_stanley View Post
    Maybe it's there, but I haven't found it yet... would love a seek/scan on the radio. Also, not overly excited about the headlights
    My stock base-level radio has a seek, but not a scan. Just press and hold the buttons left or right to seek the next station.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken_stanley View Post
    Not sure what you don't like about the headlights but the 2017+ can be had with projector headlights

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Also, you can listen to audio files through the usb port in your glove box. It's a nice way to listen to audiobooks, especially with longer commutes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    Did I mention that I want:
    1. Larger sun visors
    2. Larger sun visors and
    3. Larger sun visors?
    4. Black plastic above the mirror to block out the sun because of the small sun visors...

I drive from west to east in the morning and from east to west in the evening. I have never owned a car with such small sun visors.
    It will cost next to nothing and I honestly do not understand why Mitsubishi test drivers approved it. They must have very dark sun glasses on all the time.
    The 2017's we have at work have a shaded spot above the rear view mirror to help with that. But when we have windshields replaced they look just like the 2015's with out the dark strip.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I would like to see a better seal on the glove box when it is closed. I had to use weather stripping on mine. dust and dog hair were getting into it far too easily.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    A light in the glove box would be nice.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)