Thread: Wanted: Used Rims and Tires for 2014/15 Mirage

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Wanted: Used Rims and Tires for 2014/15 Mirage

I have a 2014 with stock alloys. Snow tires currently mounted on them. Looking for second set of steelies or alloys to mount all season or summer tires on. If you have tires on them already even better. PM me or email bcressy@gmail.com.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    bcressy1987, if you are considering a second set of tires (for any reason) it might be worth looking into a set of 15" rims if only for a bigger selection of tires. Keep in mind there are several cars whose wheels will fit our Mirage. You might be able to find something locally, such as at a salvage yard, or Craigslist that could catch your eye.

For example, I'm looking at this: Craigslist Pittsburgh - Mini Cooper wheels + snow tires

Although I haven't heard back from the seller yet...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looking at my wheel covers reminds me that I should probably go with a cheap set of used rims that I can touch up after curb scrapes. I'd like to go with 15's too. We'll see...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ed100 View Post
    Looking at my wheel covers reminds me that I should probably go with a cheap set of used rims that I can touch up after curb scrapes. I'd like to go with 15's too. We'll see...
    This might help you in your search. Wheels: What Else Fits the Mirage? (With photos)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

ISP_guy (03-13-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Trying to find a used set of 15" rims and wheels myself.

Eggman that deal in Pittsburgh looks awesome. I'd jump all over that - hopefully you get it. I see a lot of Craigslist posts that don't leave any contact info which is rather frustrating. How are you supposed to contact those people, through the Craigslist email system or what?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISP_guy View Post
    Trying to find a used set of 15" rims and wheels myself.

Eggman that deal in Pittsburgh looks awesome. I'd jump all over that - hopefully you get it. I see a lot of Craigslist posts that don't leave any contact info which is rather frustrating. How are you supposed to contact those people, through the Craigslist email system or what?
    I always use the Craigslist email relay to avoid spammers. I don't know who's posting the ads and I don't know who I'm responding to so to avoid hassles I stick with the email relay.

In any case they never replied back so either the items are sold or it's another spammer trying to collect information. You should respond to the ad and maybe they will respond to you. Maybe they only want to deal local, so go for it.

Those Mini rims look to be a great replacement for the Mirage. They are almost the same offset and width, but 15" instead of 14".

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

ISP_guy (03-17-2017),Top_Fuel (03-17-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I always use the Craigslist email relay to avoid spammers. I don't know who's posting the ads and I don't know who I'm responding to so to avoid hassles I stick with the email relay.
    I agree. I would never put my phone number in a Craigslist ad. I use their email relay to screen serious buyers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I send them a Craigslist email on a long shot there is any kind of response... otherwise, back to digging for wheels. Thanks!