View Poll Results: What's the status of your Mirage's rear axle?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; new axle within specs

8 19.05%
  • Rear axle replaced under warranty; alignment is still off

4 9.52%
  • Waiting for warranty replacement axle

9 21.43%
  • Axle temporarily or permanently aligned with DIY fix

4 9.52%
  • Rear alignment inspected & deemed within specs by dealer

19 45.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 100 of 110 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1099

Thread: Rear Wheel Misaligned? (UPDATE: some rear axles out of spec; warranty replacement)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Well, since your alignment is now not within specification the at fault driver's insurance should replace your axle!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Yes. Get it fixed.

It's your car, not theirs. They're just trying to avoid a hassle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    ...neighbour backed into me catching my passenger side rear quarter panel bumper and wheel.
    ...the toe for the rear wheels was changed
    Your final reading shows both rear toe settings are out of specification by .1 degree.
    But when the spec is 0.00 - 0.20, a tenth of a degree means you are out of spec by 50%!

The rear toe specifications on the alignment sheet you posted are tighter than the specs we have accepted as being normal...which is 0.28 to -0.03. In this case, you would only be out of spec by .02 on each side.

Do you have any alignment numbers BEFORE the accident?

How hard did this guy hit you? You would have had to take a pretty good shot to change your rear alignment readings. Was the wheel bent or damaged?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-29-2017)

Strawboss: bummer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Your final reading shows both rear toe settings are out of specification by .1 degree.
    But when the spec is 0.00 - 0.20, a tenth of a degree means you are out of spec by 50%!

The rear toe specifications on the alignment sheet you posted are tighter than the specs we have accepted as being normal...which is 0.28 to -0.03. In this case, you would only be out of spec by .02 on each side.

Do you have any alignment numbers BEFORE the accident?

How hard did this guy hit you? You would have had to take a pretty good shot to change your rear alignment readings. Was the wheel bent or damaged?
    I don't have alignment numbers prior to the collision, kept meaning to get it done with the rear axle controversy.

Can the tech change the specs side of this report if needed? Say for example the software is out of date and doesn't include my model year?( then he may be guessing at the limits, and get them worng)

He hit me hard enough to move me sideways a few inches on hard packed snow,(I was moving at the time too) .
    No damage to the rim that I can see, but I am a bit leery of the lighter built cars when it comes to off-line knocks like this

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Whomever made the poll, can an option please be added for "dealer refused to fix outside of adjustments warranty"? Seriously am I the only one with this problem?
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bzacon View Post
    Whomever made the poll, can an option please be added for "dealer refused to fix outside of adjustments warranty"? Seriously am I the only one with this problem?
    You gotta escalate this to Mitsubishi Corporate. They've been helpful with taking care of owners when dealers balk.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    Can the tech change the specs side of this report if needed?
    I don't know the answer to that. It's probably a function of the software they are using.

He hit me hard enough to move me sideways a few inches on hard packed snow,(I was moving at the time too).
    It probably doesn't take much force to nudge the rear end of a Mirage when the wheels are sitting on packed snow. My guess is you would have to hit a Mirage pretty hard (and almost directly on a wheel) to mess up your rear alignment numbers significantly. Refer to this post where 3dplane explains what he had to go through to barely change the rear end alignment on his car. Hint: He had to use a torch along with his 230 lbs of body weight hanging on the end of a 6-foot long pipe attached to one side of the rear axle...multiple times.

How many miles are on your car?
    How is your tire wear?
    Do you rotate your tires regularly and have you noticed any odd wear patterns on your rear tires?

My left rear wheel is at 0.23 degrees of toe...which is outside of the specs on your alignment sheet. That's not ideal for me, but I rotate my tires regularly and have noticed no unusual tire wear on that side.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bzacon View Post
    ...dealer refused to fix outside of adjustments warranty
    ...am I the only one with this problem?
    You have verified that your rear axle is outside of the proper alignment specs, your car has under 50,000 miles, and your dealer refuses to replace your axle? If this is the case, a call from your dealer to the Tech Line should clear this up.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My 2015 Mirage was just aligned by dealer, my wheel now points to 2 o clock right of center. What should I do? New tires just installed at 34K

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.5 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.3 mpg (Imp)