Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanSproutExpress View Post
    ...2014 ES
    ...31,000+ miles
    ...nothing has yet been replaced
    ...At 15k I had tires rotated which amplified the rear axle alignment issue.
    ...Issue is noticeable but minor and has not resulted in noticeable uneven tire wear.
    ...have not attempted to request a warranty replacement of the axle.
    You seem to be implying that you have a rear axle alignment problem? Have you had a 4-wheel alignment done yet? If you have 31K miles on the original tires and you don't have any uneven tire wear, I'm thinking that your rear axle can't be that bad.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a 2014 ES manual I bought with low miles as a roll-back off dealer lot. No nav system upgrade, but does have fog lights and cruise control. I currently have 31,000+ miles and just had the 30k check up done. The car is running great, no problems. My car is entirely stock and nothing has yet been replaced (tires, brake pads, etc.) A list of what has been done, and things I've notices:
    - I do oil changes at 3k religiously even though recommendation is every 5k. This is a tiny engine that runs at comparatively high rpm and I plan to hold on to the car for the long haul.
    - I had two recall issues addressed at no cost: the wiring on driver side floor and the ECU update regarding valve knock during cold starts. I do notice slight valve knock immediately at start up for 1-2 seconds, before and after the ECU update. I've read this is due to engine design that does not prevent oil from draining down to oil pan after engine is turned off. So, it takes a second for oil to re-distribute. It has never sounded excessive.
    - At 15k I had tires rotated which amplified the rear axle alignment issue. I had them rotated back. Issue is noticeable but minor and has not resulted in noticeable uneven tire wear. I have not attempted to request a warranty replacement of the axle.
    - Early on the AC evaporator drain tube came loose and started leaking onto the passenger side floor mate. Easy fix with a zip tie.
    - There is a slight rattle up front when driving on rough or dirt roads that has been there since I bought the car. Haven't been able to successfully diagnose yet but it isn't from a typical source like CV, suspension, strut, etc.

Over all the car has been solid with zero problems. I'm still averaging 45mpg with 50+mpg on long highway trips.
    Awesome!! On the oil changes!! It's really wise being on top of the importance of taking care of your life line of your car. That a lot of people neglect. Then they wonder why the car doesn't last very long. But with that kind of oil,it's not like regular oil where you change it every 3 thousand miles. The oil in the Mirage is a better oil. I only changed mine at three thousand miles was Frist time when my Mirage and Outlander was Brand New. After that I wait at least every 5 thousand to change it. But your to be proud of for staying on top of taking care of it.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've had to bring my Mirage in because I started to notice the blower for the climate control was making this whining noise at low speeds when it used to be dead silent when I first got it, thought I would have to fight with the service department to get it done but he heard it too and said "I don't like the sound of that" and had a new blower motor ordered but it's back ordered and won't be in until the end of December but love that warranty!! Just hit $16,000 miles and that has been my only issue so far.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdlca View Post
    the blower for the climate control was making this whining noise at low speeds
    Be sure to let us know if the new blower fixes the problem. Here's hoping everything works out for you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

140,000 miles

I guess I should post here more often. I bought my 5 speed Mirage November 2014. It's a 2014 model and I've got 140,000 miles on it so far.

The only problem I've had is the tpms. One of the sensors broke inside a tire about 40,000 miles ago. I had the sensor replaced but the tire shop I was at wasn't able to reprogram it because of an issue with their programmer.

I'll get around to getting it reprogrammed some day.
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 03-23-2017 at 06:30 PM. Reason: (copied post from another thread)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-24-2017),inuvik (03-23-2017),MetroMPG (08-18-2017)

Just bumping this thread for updates anyone might have.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I do notice slight valve knock immediately at start up for 1-2 seconds, before and after the ECU update. I've read this is due to engine design that does not prevent oil from draining down to oil pan after engine is turned off. So, it takes a second for oil to re-distribute. It has never sounded excessive.
    My engine has been doing this too for 2yrs and 25k miles or so. Best way I can describe it is marbles rattling around in the engine for a couple seconds after a cold startup. The longer the car has been sitting, the louder and longer it rattles (for up to 2sec). It sounds terrible and has me concerned it's damaging the engine. Has anyone had their dealership address this? What was their solution, if any?

I want to take Kermit to the dealer within the next 12 months before the bumper to bumper warranty runs out to address this, as well as the defective rear axle issue, and an annoying bucking upon acceleration from a stop with the AC on. It doesn't seem to buck with the AC off. Since I live in FL, the AC is on pretty much 8 months a year, so it's very annoying.
    Last edited by palebeachbum; 08-18-2017 at 09:40 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    My engine has been doing this too for 2yrs and 25k miles or so. Best way I can describe it is marbles rattling around in the engine for a couple seconds after a cold startup. The longer the car has been sitting, the louder and longer it rattles (for up to 2sec). It sounds terrible and has me concerned it's damaging the engine. Has anyone had their dealership address this? What was their solution, if any?

I want to take Kermit to the dealer within the next 12 months before the bumper to bumper warranty runs out to address this, as well as the defective rear axle issue, and an annoying bucking upon acceleration from a stop with the AC on. It doesn't seem to buck with the AC off. Since I live in FL, the AC is on pretty much 8 months a year, so it's very annoying.
    I've noticed it also but have pretty much eliminated this by using 5w-30 and a Fram Ultra Synthetic Filter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have the same bucking with the ac. It acts like the engine just doesn't have enough power to run the car and the ac at the same time. If I have a line of cars behind me, or I'm going up a steep incline when starting off, I just kill the ac until I'm up to speed. Kinda annoying, but it works. Please let us know if you find out anything. My car doesn't have any warranty, as it was a salvage vehicle, so any repairs will have to be done by me. Luckily, safety recalls are still covered.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    I have the same bucking with the ac. It acts like the engine just doesn't have enough power to run the car and the ac at the same time. If I have a line of cars behind me, or I'm going up a steep incline when starting off, I just kill the ac until I'm up to speed. Kinda annoying, but it works. Please let us know if you find out anything. My car doesn't have any warranty, as it was a salvage vehicle, so any repairs will have to be done by me. Luckily, safety recalls are still covered.
    Maybe I just missed it, but how did you wind up dealing with your starter grind issue?