Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daddy's little car :: 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Absolute base model (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Daddy's little car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage G4 Absolute base model
    Red
    Manual

Got lucky, nabbed a great deal on a 2014 build Mirage sedan at the very end of 2015. Brand new, 21 km on the clock. Alloy wheels and metallic paint at no extra cost.

Comments: 42 / Views: 24917
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site. Got any pictures of the Mirage?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Thanks. Good to be here.

This is the exact car, off the website I found it on.

It was advertised at A$10,888 drive-away but I ended up paying $10,850. Woo hoo!

Photo says "sample only, not actual vehicle" but I got the actual vehicle (the one that was on display in the dealer's showroom).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    The looks of the sedan kind of grow on you. It isn't a pretty car at first sight.

It has a little extra rear legroom and the boot (trunk) is huge.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage_Sydney View Post
    The looks of the sedan kind of grow on you. It isn't a pretty car at first sight.

How about rear head room? I set in Scion iA (rebadged Mazda 2 sedan) and rear had room was bad for anyone over 160cm.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.7 mpg (Imp)

It isn't a pretty car at first sight.
    Agreed there. But those 15" wheels help. As does the colour of yours (nice!). Overall though it sort of has the look of a Hyundai from a generation or two back.

Congrats on a good buy AND for getting the manual!

In fact Mitsu USA is saying it has the most interior volume in its class.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

In fact Mitsu USA is saying it has the most interior volume in its class.
    I have been thinking about that, Not very sure, I guess the sedan is compact car. I compare the Mirage sedan and Corolla sedan in Australia, the size are close. Not sure if the new Mirage G4 will be bigger or not. Looks like the trunk is about 14 Cube feet. It's nice size trunk. Maybe little more hp too? Sedan is heavier.

Can't wait to get more detail about the 2017 Mirage G4, I don't know why but I just like sedan more.

It'll have the same engine, I'm sure. The sedan gets the 1.2L everywhere else, and to qualify to be built in its existing Thai factory, it has to have a small, efficient engine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Cyclopathic, I would guess that rear headroom would be fine up to about 180 cm, maybe even 185.

I am 200 cm and sitting in the back is uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Mirage_Sydney; 01-16-2016 at 07:44 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymirage View Post
    I have been thinking about that, Not very sure, I guess the sedan is compact car. I compare the Mirage sedan and Corolla sedan in Australia, the size are close. Not sure if the new Mirage G4 will be bigger or not. Looks like the trunk is about 14 Cube feet. It's nice size trunk. Maybe little more hp too? Sedan is heavier.

Can't wait to get more detail about the 2017 Mirage G4, I don't know why but I just like sedan more.
    Slightly longer wheelbase and more room in the back seat. But exactly the same engine. The extra weight means that it is rated for slightly worse fuel consumption, but at this stage I'm usually getting comfortably better than the 5.9 l/100km it is rated for in the city.

Boot/trunk is huge, nearly as big as you'd expect in a large sedan. The one thing it needs is a split-fold rear seat.