Thread: Even Fancier Metro (Mirage #2) :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage SE? (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Even Fancier Metro (Mirage #2)
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage SE?
    Infrared
    Manual

This is the second "AS-IS special" Mirage I've bought from a new car dealer that didn't want anything to do with the car.

This one was traded at an Ottawa Chrysler/Jeep dealer with 147,000 km on the odo (~91k miles). It sat on their lot for 11 months before they finally lowered the price to a non-delusional number.

Details

Carproof report shows $1500 collision repair in 2016. I can see evidence of paint work (faint sanding marks) on the left rear quarter and the back of the left rear door. The left side of the car was re-sprayed. Paint quality is decent & the colour matches well.

Came with Hidden Hitch

Driver's floor mat worn right through! The other 4/5 seating positions are near mint condition (mats, carpet & seats).

stock

•  

OEM block heater

stock

•  

Summer tires on OEM alloys: 175/65R14 Michelins, nearly worn out.

Winter tires on steelies: 175/65R14 Michelin X-Ice, lots of tread left.

•  
    Comments: 3 / Views: 8923

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 667 Posts
    That looks like a fantastic deal! Welcome back to owning a Mirage!

Remember some 15 years or so back in TeamSwift how we worked on our Metro's and Swifts? While these are just as easy to maintain, there is not nearly so much stuff you would instantly want to do for the sake of an ecomod.

Yes, it seems I lucked out again. It's a bit of a gamble buying an "as-is" car without a professional inspection, but I've done it many times and always have a checklist of things to inspect.

But unlike the last one, this one came with no maintenance history. Maybe it's never had an oil change and the motor's going to blow tomorrow! But I doubt it, based on how the rest of the car seems to have been looked after.

And - HA! - I am STILL living in our TeamSwift days! I still have 3 of those cars, 2 are roadworthy, 1 (convertible) is restorable. And my old Miata. Too many cars!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)