Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. If there has been no body damage and the car has...

If there has been no body damage and the car has not been lowered, there generally is no need to adjust or align them.
    With that being said, if you don't feel you see well enough, you could have it...
  2. You may want to look at this: ...

You may want to look at this:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/4028-Belt-Tension-Howto
  3. Guys - You mention that starter has the type that...

Guys - You mention that starter has the type that a 2nd twist of the key does not reengage the starter if the engine is already running. I haven't tried this but I totally believe you. This idea...
  4. Have you tried tightening your accessory belt?

Have you tried tightening your accessory belt?
  5. Charlot, your car is going on 4 years of age, as...

Charlot, your car is going on 4 years of age, as are the belts/hoses whatnot. You have 4500 kms on it. I think the belt is trash from underuse. Lots of parts on cars are designed to be exercised,...
  6. To be honest, I didn't really know. I went out...

To be honest, I didn't really know. I went out to my Mirage tonight & started it. Once started, you CANNOT engage the starter a second time. I have never owned a vehicle that has this feature, & I...
  7. The Mirage may offer that feature, but I assure...

The Mirage may offer that feature, but I assure you, that at least with the push button starter, you can definitely re-engage the starter and cause a horrific grind...
  8. The Mirage has a "no repeat starter" so you can't...

The Mirage has a "no repeat starter" so you can't engage the starter with the engine running as in your video. I agree with 7miles, it's not anything you're doing with your starting method. A 2018...
  9. I can tell it's my belt when I am sitting in my...

I can tell it's my belt when I am sitting in my car. In the video, I don't sense quite the same sound listening to it.

He is showing us the sound his vehicle makes when the starter is engaged...
  10. Charlot - I seriously doubt that this has...

Charlot - I seriously doubt that this has anything to do with your hand or method of a 2 stage key turn. I say this because for the last 100 years I've owned a 2000 Dodge Ram with a Cummins diesel. ...
  11. If it is a loose belt a real easy way to check is...

If it is a loose belt a real easy way to check is to turn your headlights on for 5 or 10 minutes before you start your car. This would put a small drain on the battery that the alternator would try...
  12. My drive belt screeches at start up sometimes. I...

My drive belt screeches at start up sometimes. I really do think this is your issue, too. I just ignore it. It doesn't happen all the time, & the sound doesn't last more than a second. I've...
  13. I would suspect a loose drive belt, too. If...

I would suspect a loose drive belt, too. If so, an easy fix!
  14. Just asking, is it a "new to you" older unit, or...

Just asking, is it a "new to you" older unit, or as in a new 2022. If it's an older unit ( or even newer), check the alternator belt tension. They can make cool noises if they are a little loose. As...
  15. Are you able to post a clip/video of the noise?...

Are you able to post a clip/video of the noise? I'd hope it wouldn't be a flywheel problem. These cars have an antigrind(I think that's what it's called) feature that kills the starter once the...
  16. Replies
    Views

What he said^ The Mirage's we have over here...

What he said^
    The Mirage's we have over here have an anti-grind feature that kills power to the starter once it senses the engine is running. So you can just turn the key to start and hold it for a...
  17. Replies
    Views

Just turn the key to the start position and hold...

Just turn the key to the start position and hold until the engine starts and then release. You don't need to touch the throttle and you don't need to to leave the key in the "On" position before...
  18. Replies
    Views

Mine is the cheapest European model with manual...

Mine is the cheapest European model with manual transmission and 1.0L engine, made in 2014.
    Price was €7999.-
    I quote "Don't worry, be happy!"
    If you are looking for a good reliable car, and...
  19. Replies
    Views

1) These cars are, I believe, all made in...

1) These cars are, I believe, all made in Thailand at the same factory no matter what market they are destined for. I suspect that reliability and build quality are pretty uniform, but you might...