Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Well, I've made about ten trips totaling around 7...

Well, I've made about ten trips totaling around 7 hours and it hasn't done it again! I'm thinking that was the fix! Whew! I'll post some pics below. I can't tell if they cut anything or not.
  2. Well, it's very infrequent that it's happening....

Well, it's very infrequent that it's happening. Like every few days. I found that the plug going in to the accelerator pedal wasn't snapped all the way down and the plug going in to the back of the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I installed the drawtite hitch from etrailer. ...

I installed the drawtite hitch from etrailer.

Then I towed my 12' Jon boat to a friend's house to rebuild the transom. I was very pleased with the towing experience. I usually get around 50mpg...
  4. Replies
    Views

Sticky: 22177 22178 We loaded up for the beach. 2, 12...

We loaded up for the beach. 2, 12 foot surf rods, 10' paddle board, surf fishing cart and tons of other gear. I can't believe we got it all in!
  5. Replies
    Views

22033 Pic is 35 years old. Doesn't look quite...

Pic is 35 years old. Doesn't look quite that nice now. This pic was taken at the Phillips 66 Terminal in Doraville, GA where my grandfather worked when it was his truck.

My other daily...
  6. Replies
    Views

I don't have the OEM but I have one that looks...

I don't have the OEM but I have one that looks very similar and is made for the mirage. After taking mine on and off several times, I've decided it's enough of a pain and risks for scratching the...
  7. I thought the Rostra cruise control might...

I thought the Rostra cruise control might actually hurt my mileage. But I was wrong. I got 59.5mpg this morning on my commute with the roof racks on. Granted, it was a holiday with empty roads and I...
  8. Replies
    Views

Sticky: It worked really well and was no more trouble...

It worked really well and was no more trouble than hauling our jon boat with my old truck plus we didnt pollute with our nasty ancient outboard and we had the comfort of riding in AC. It was a pain...
  9. Replies
    Views

Sticky: 21927 Used the Mirage to go kayak fishing and...

Used the Mirage to go kayak fishing and used my tow hook! MPG hit was about the same as it was with the bike on roof. Hard to say as we had some imposed 20mph driving for a good ways.
  10. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Put my roof rack on for the first time and went...

Put my roof rack on for the first time and went fishing at the beach. It went really well. Besides not being able to take our big fishing cart, it was nice just strapping the rods to the roof and...
  11. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I like to exercise Florida is very muggy. I put...

I like to exercise Florida is very muggy. I put in some neoprene seat covers to protect my upholstery and they made me hotter than the regular seat. I didn't notice getting a sweaty back until I...
  12. 40psi. I bought 4 used Enasaves and now have them...

40psi. I bought 4 used Enasaves and now have them on.
  13. Same route today in the opposite direction at...

Same route today in the opposite direction at 8am. I had to run the AC at 75 with fan level one, had one brief traffic jam and stopped for fuel midway.

14. This is my best so far on my 82 mile commute. I...

This is my best so far on my 82 mile commute. I did this at 6am with no AC. I monitored my new scangauge to judge best RPM and speed to travel. Occasional neutral coasting on some hills. No traffic....
  15. Good I'm on day 2 with my scangaugeII

Good I'm on day 2 with my scangaugeII
  16. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Put in a wood bead seat cover to see if it keeps...

Put in a wood bead seat cover to see if it keeps me cooler. It was $18 after speed perks discount at advanced auto and was delivered to my home free the same day. The young man who delivered didn't...
  17. Replies
    Views

Well, I'm all in now. I met a forum member this...

Well, I'm all in now. I met a forum member this morning and bought a fresh looking set of Enasaves from him and tonight I went to harbor freight and for $133 bought their manual tire changer and...
  18. Replies
    Views

Yes, I saw all the reviews. Haha, I guess...

Yes, I saw all the reviews. Haha, I guess anything was a step up for me in luxury. I didn't read any bad reviews from anyone who actually owned a mirage.

Hopefully the mirage commuter will buy...
  19. In Florida, paramedics can start IVs in the field...

In Florida, paramedics can start IVs in the field and in the hospital setting. Kind of cool thing as a paramedic, is we can do anything our medical director (a physician) authorizes us to do. We work...
  20. Thankfully never drifted. That one is governed at...

Thankfully never drifted. That one is governed at 67mph.
  21. Replies
    Views

Funny, my Lieutenant, drives a red Prius. I think...

Funny, my Lieutenant, drives a red Prius. I think it's the only Prius in our dept. Most of our guys drive big trucks.
  22. Replies
    Views

Yes, Honda Fit to match my wife's Odyssey might...

Yes, Honda Fit to match my wife's Odyssey might have been okay but I think I did better!

I took them up to 40psi. I need a better gauge.
  23. Replies
    Views

Tires were all 20psi or lower. I aired them up...

Tires were all 20psi or lower. I aired them up and drove to work for the first time this morning. I got 59 mpg!!!

Gave it and wash and wax as a thank you!
  24. Replies
    Views

Yes, I've been researching them for a few weeks...

Yes, I've been researching them for a few weeks but today was the first time I had seen one in person except for a couple seen driving down the road! Compared to a S10 with 35 year old bench seat...
  25. Replies
    Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2