Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Probably flooded. If it doesn’t start on the...

Probably flooded. If it doesn’t start on the first try they usually flood. If you shut it off shortly after starting they like to flood. If you had it running and it ran like the Pooh it was...
  2. Replies
    Views

Looks good so far! If these wheels are...

Looks good so far!

If these wheels are really old, be sure to check the tire bead area of the wheel when you dismount those tires. Corrosion can build up where the tire meets the wheel...which...
  3. Replies
    Views

I don't know what the hub bore is on a Honda...

I don't know what the hub bore is on a Honda Civic...but make sure these wheels will actually bolt on to your Mirage first if that's how you intend to use them.|

Edit - A mirage hub is 56 mm.
  4. Replies
    Views

Before starting, make sure they are round,...

Before starting, make sure they are round, straight and true.

Edit: Ha - Loren beat me to it.

Also, I learned this lesson the hard way on another project. :)
  5. Replies
    Views

Aluminum is soft. Be careful to not remove more...

Aluminum is soft. Be careful to not remove more material than you need to.

I'd first go after it with soap and water and Scotchbrite. Especially the inside. If you HAVE to go at it with a wire...
  6. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Dont concern yourself with the rear drums too...

Dont concern yourself with the rear drums too much. I had a trusted brake shop owner basically tell me the drums in the bad hardly do anything besides throw in with emergency e-brake manuevers. I...
  7. Good to hear that. Try the easy stuff first. Like...

Good to hear that. Try the easy stuff first. Like most of the internet, you gotta weed out the crap and til you find something that makes sense and works.
    We've been pretty lucky out here(so far),...
  8. Replies
    Views

My biggest gripe is lack of aftermarket parts...

My biggest gripe is lack of aftermarket parts making these cars dealer reliant! When I got my brakes down at a trusted shop, it took them six hours to find the correct parts. The front pads no...
  9. Replies
    Views

Welcome!

Welcome!
  10. I suggested doing this in post #6 of this thread,...

I suggested doing this in post #6 of this thread, & I was about to say it again. I'm glad Steve said it instead, because it has worked for him.

A rough idle after a cold start may be cause...
  11. Five minutes is plenty of time to check for...

Five minutes is plenty of time to check for vacuum leaks on a cold engine. When I check for leaks I start the engine cold and spray carburetor in areas where I suspect a possible leak. If the...
  12. Replies
    Views

Hello grevster and welcome to the forum.

Hello grevster and welcome to the forum.
  13. Replies
    Views

The one and only time I've bothered to clean a...

The one and only time I've bothered to clean a Mirage throttle body was to humor our retarded nearby dealership. Took 5 mins. The back of the blade was a little oily.
    What I did was unbolt the...
  14. Replies
    Views

On the bright side, all you have to do is load...

On the bright side, all you have to do is load that pic from a smartphone onto this forum and it will be right side up for your viewing pleasure lmao.
  15. Replies
    Views

DIY: Fixing exhaust squeak at idle 2014-2015

So, for nearly the entire time I've had my 2014 Mirage, I've had an intermittent squeak at idle. I figured it was just a loose accessory belt, so when I had a chance, I tightened it up. That did...
  16. Alternator delete with regen braking modification for better MPG

So, now that I am commuting again, I am motivated to do some more fun stuff with the Mirage. The next mod I am currently planning an alternator delete.

What is an alternator delete? Well, in...
  17. Rear drum brake removal/replacement: An introduction

I had to replace my rear drum brakes. Here are some pictures of the process and some pointers. This is not a full tutorial, but may be helpful to those not familiar with the procedure who are...
  18. Taking these part numbers and doing some...

Taking these part numbers and doing some cyber-sleuthing here is a site that has the filters and gaskets in stock:

Main Filter: https://cobratransmission.com/JF015E-Filtro-Principal-73575KA