Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

My other car is a 2020 Prius Prime (Plug-In) ...

My other car is a 2020 Prius Prime (Plug-In)

For starters: it's an e-CVT which is not at all like a regular CVT. The e-CVT uses the electric motors in a planetary gear set to apply different...
  2. Don't mind me being super late to this party, but...

Don't mind me being super late to this party, but I know 2 people with Spark's, and they both liked them.

As for me, I like my "tin can" Mirage, and hope to replace it with another Mirage in...
  3. Replies
    Views

Black oil doesn't mean it needs a changing just...

Black oil doesn't mean it needs a changing just yet.

All the black oil means, is that the oil is doing it's job: suspending the carbon from combustion. If your oil get's black really really fast,...
  4. Replies
    Views

I don't doubt that many vehicles can be pushed...

I don't doubt that many vehicles can be pushed "hard" so to speak and survive, but it's also not what everyone should do, or wants to do.

As per oil: I've seen many cars go 200,000 miles on...
  5. Finished up the bulk of the tutorial. Just going...

Finished up the bulk of the tutorial. Just going to add some more pictures as I have time, and polish it up.

If something needs more explaining, please ask. I'll add it to the thread.
  6. More. It's not heavy, and the more the merrier....

More. It's not heavy, and the more the merrier. You could have easily cover every inch, with two layers, for under 100 pounds of Peel and Stick. Might cost you some money, of course. You'd probably...
  7. 5 rolls of Peel & Stick plus some carpet padding....

5 rolls of Peel & Stick plus some carpet padding.

The Peel and Stick is anywhere between 7-10 pounds a roll, and I put in 2 square meters of carpet padding, at 10 pounds each.

So total was...
  8. Replies
    Views

It's possible it may not be worn in. But it's...

It's possible it may not be worn in.

But it's also possible that the scroll "slips" too much against the stationary scroll. If that's the case, you'd eventually need a whole new compressor as it...
  9. Finally finished up the front end. Talk about a...

Finally finished up the front end. Talk about a back killer! :rolleyes:

Went for a few test rides, with one of those decibel apps from the Google Play Store.

Here's what I saw over the course...
  10. It seems settled then: Follow the sticker on the...

It seems settled then: Follow the sticker on the hood.

The manual is a manual they "slightly modified" for each car, and obviously the manual guys miss some things.

Here's my conclusion:

11. Updated with some pictures for the rear. Working...

Updated with some pictures for the rear. Working on the front half tomorrow.
  12. There's cardboard stuff, eco-foam stuff, and...

There's cardboard stuff, eco-foam stuff, and carpet padding stuff made of fiber-glass, or recycled foamy-stuff. It's not "for car sound-dampening" but in theory, should work just as well. Generally...
  13. Okay, that's good to know. And actually, yes, I...

Okay, that's good to know. And actually, yes, I hate new car smell. The smell is from off-gasing plastics and what-not. Terribly unhealthy for you. I had no idea that OEM was also bitumen (tar) so I...
  14. I've heard this stuff works, but it's still...

I've heard this stuff works, but it's still tar-based? I've heard it can off-gas bad in the heat. It may be winter now, but NC heat is still pretty hot, and I'd hate to have a car smelling like...
  15. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I wish more people would, but for many, you'd...

I wish more people would, but for many, you'd have to live in a cardboard box, and save for 20 years, before you could ever do that. I reckon you either bought a decently cheap house, ore make much...
  16. Adding Sound Dampening (DIY instructions, with photos)

Hi All,

This will be a quick and dirty, tutorial on how to insulate your Mirage / Space Star from road noise. You only need about 50-75% coverage to get more-than-adequate noise reduction....
  17. Replies
    Views

Super interested in this too. I can say, that...

Super interested in this too.

I can say, that the paint seems thick enough to me. But it's nothing special. I do hate that the inside of engine bay / underside are just primer. That's a recipe for...
  18. Replies
    Views

Sticky: They did that to me as well, but I only saw a ~50...

They did that to me as well, but I only saw a ~50 point drop from the credit run. My biggest hit was with my refusal to pay the loan. The VIN numbers were wrong, and the car sold to me was not on my...
  19. Replies
    Views

I got to rent a brand-new 2014 Yaris for 1 week...

I got to rent a brand-new 2014 Yaris for 1 week about 2 months before I purchased my Mirage.

I would have to agree on one thing, the Yaris seems to have more power. I'd say maybe 25% more power....
  20. Poll: Update: Interestingly enough, the dealer told my...

Update:
    Interestingly enough, the dealer told my alignment was this (As shown on dealer paperwork mailed to me 2 weeks after they replaced my rear axle):

I had to wait for them to mail me the...
  21. I'm very interested!

I'm very interested!
  22. Poll: I got my alignment checked finally after getting...

I got my alignment checked finally after getting my rear axle replaced under warranty and I am happy to report that it is within specs. The alignment is now:

Right Tow: -0.17
    Right Camber: -0.61...
  23. Thanks for the reply. There is a common...

Thanks for the reply.

There is a common problem in the US where the dealers regularly put 4-5 quarts of oil into the engines, when it requires much less. This could be causing excess aeration /...
  24. Replies
    Views

Yes, I have a computer setup to monitor on the...

Yes, I have a computer setup to monitor on the OBD2 port that I drove around with a few times when it was hotter outside to see what coolant and CVT fluid temps were.

CVT fluid temps follow in...
  25. Replies
    Views

If it helps, I had this happen on my last new car...

If it helps, I had this happen on my last new car till the compressor broke in.

The moving scroll inside the compressor needs to wear into the stationary scroll over-time. These compressors use a...
Page 1 of 2 1 2