Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

thx. Sold my Dolly today. It had been a very...

thx. Sold my Dolly today. It had been a very emotional night with my wife: We were sitting in the car and went through our road-trip photos to relive the memories while listening to our travel music....
  2. Replies
    Views

Bye Dolly, Bye! Selling a 2014 Mirage

Hey guys,

my time in the US is up and I'll have to let go of my dearest Dolly.

I've put her on craigslist and thought I share the link here, in case someone from the family is interested. ...
  3. Replies
    Views

No, I don't think so. How could this be related...

No, I don't think so. How could this be related to improper clutch adjustment or better, how can I check if this is related. I am still only a lay person when it comes to technical issues with my car...
  4. Replies
    Views

Going West in my Mirage

Hello,

I've finally hit the road in my fully loaded Mirage. I am moving from MD to CA and am bringing all my left-over stuff along. My lady friend is also aboard. My Dolly swallowed two big...
  5. Replies
    Views

Alright, I found a pinkisch Plasti dip at pet...

Alright, I found a pinkisch Plasti dip at pet boys and did work on the front and rear logos today. I regret a little having used a ****ty masking tape, since I had to rub a lot to get the tape...
  6. thx for your help. I wanted to shift from 3rd...

thx for your help.

I wanted to shift from 3rd into second to prepare for a stop sign ahead. The speed was maybe around 15-20mph. Unfortunately, I am not so fast with my hand and leg coordination...
  7. Don't forget to disconnect your battery. I've...

Don't forget to disconnect your battery.

I've unscrewed one bolt to ground the cruise control. Before that I had checked with a multimeter whether the resistance to chassis from that screw was...
  8. Replies
    Views

Cruise control in action

Hello everyone,

just took my Dolly on the first longer drive with my aftermarket cruise control (rostra) and logged our trip back from Alexandria, VA to Germantown, MD.

I've logged the...
  9. did install the rostra cruise control yesterday....

did install the rostra cruise control yesterday. The 5 hours install were hard, but it was worth it; it's working nicely. I am looking forward to the weekend for taking my Mirage on a longer cruise. ...
  10. Replies
    Views

Hanging stuff inside a Mirage with magnets

Hello,

I thought I'd share my latest dome light solution for the rear seats in my Mirage.
    I've used strong magnets to attach a headlight onto the central roof pillar. These magnets have a...
  11. I've logged some data from my last trip and...

I've logged some data from my last trip and plotted the RPM vs Speed (kmh).
    The scatter plot nicely shows the 4th and 5th gear bundle together onto two distinct lines.

One can get the...
  12. Replies
    Views

off road with a Mirage

I made another trip with my dear Dolly. This excursion took us onto new roads in the forest of Green Ridge, MD. New roads, in that, i did not expect unpaved tracks at all with the consequence that...
  13. Mirage refused to start after "check engine soon" message, fuel cap was loose

Hello everyone,

just had a smaller issue with my Mirage on my short trip to Harpers Ferry, WV. While I was driving, my Mirage popped out the message "check engine soon". I thought "alright,...
  14. Replies
    Views

Juhee, spring time MPG numbers on the rise

today was my first 50 MPG commute from work in a long while. Spring time and warmer temperatures are coming just at the right moment with the rising fuel price.

I was happy and wanted to share ;-)
  15. lol. can you substantiate your rant with some...

lol.

can you substantiate your rant with some figures?
  16. Replies
    Views

The low temperatures made me go for a full grill...

The low temperatures made me go for a full grill block after all. I've stuffed pipe insulation into the grill slots (will add a photo later).

With this installed, I am back at 40+ MPG for my 6...
  17. I've had the safety restraint system (SRS)...

I've had the safety restraint system (SRS) warning light come on.
    The dealer reset the error code twice, before the sensor was finally replaced.

The whole job was done on warranty.
  18. Insane MPG after roadtrip across the Skyline Drive, Shenandoah National Park, VA

Inspired by fatcat's post of her Mirage in the colored woods http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/2040-Alien-in-the-woods, I decided to finally take the trip south to the Shenandoah National...
  19. Replies
    Views

The tire pressure appears to be the culprit for...

The tire pressure appears to be the culprit for the reduced MPG. Thx for the hint! Neglect from my side and lower temperatures have reduced the pressure to ~31 psi.

I bought a tire pressure gauge...
  20. Replies
    Views

I went from a 2004 Ford Mustang, 40th anniversary...

I went from a 2004 Ford Mustang, 40th anniversary edition to a Kiwi green Mirage and I've never regretted it. I did sell the stallion via sraigslist and got a pretty sweet deal. What sold me to the...
  21. 1350 Miles with a fully loaded Mirage, four People, and Cargo Rack

Just came back from my 1350 miles road trip around lake Erie with my fully loaded Mirage. We were four adults plus our luggage and a cargo rack mounted in the trailer hitch, with an estimated total...
  22. Replies
    Views

would be funny if Mitsu also apologized for...

would be funny if Mitsu also apologized for underrating the Mirage fuel economy.
  23. He had his mind set up before riding the...

He had his mind set up before riding the Mirage...

youtube fortunately suggested another Mirage review video, which contrasts the above in plain positivity. It from Australia.
  24. I took my Mirage to the east-coast beaches and...

I took my Mirage to the east-coast beaches and scored a whopping average of 56 MPG on the 290 miles round trip (according to the MID).
    The mileage steadily dropped from 60 MPG while I was homing in...
  25. Replies
    Views

thx a lot, there are some truly nice views in...

thx a lot, there are some truly nice views in your trip.

How about the temperature in your rental? It was a black Mirage after all. Did you use AC and or did you compare fuel economy with and...
Page 1 of 2 1 2