Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. I hear what you are saying, and I agree. I tried...

I hear what you are saying, and I agree. I tried to keep things simple... and got carried away anyway. I'm a radio tech from years gone by, but on a very different class of communication devices.
  2. Replies
    Views

Not sure where you read that. Snow tires just...

Not sure where you read that. Snow tires just have a softer compound and more aggressive tread blocks than all-seasons. They also have channels designed into the tread to funnel away slush and...
  3. Live4Redlines ECU Tuning Attempt (Work in Progress)

UPDATED STATUS: I have pulled the Mirage Rom. Working on defining it.

Well, I finally have a Mirage of my own so just want to let everyone know that I am actively working on some legitimate open...
  4. Wow - great price. Does that price include rims,...

Wow - great price. Does that price include rims, tires, both?
  5. Wouldn't Honda Fit/Toyota Yaris rear springs...

Wouldn't Honda Fit/Toyota Yaris rear springs better?
  6. Replies
    Views

If you have a pair of Yaris shocks available it...

If you have a pair of Yaris shocks available it would be great if you could install them and give a report on how it rides, problems, etc...
  7. Replies
    Views

Guys, they fit perfectly and preserve stock...

Guys, they fit perfectly and preserve stock height. They ride way better than the originals even with a 300lb friend in the back. I kept the stock shocks for now but if you wanted it stiffer, Yaris...
  8. Replies
    Views

I made another fuel log entry...

I made another fuel log entry. I'm keeping track of the amount of error of my MID fuel consumption gauge from tank to tank, and averaging the error.

The fuel economy of this car is largely...
  9. I don't know - I kinda like the suspension on...

I don't know - I kinda like the suspension on mine.

I might consider some of those air bag thingies if I wanted to stiffen things up a little.
  10. I wish Mirage "suspension reviews" were like this one

In case it's not obvious from the above picture, this "professional" review from The Truth About Cars isn't related to the Mitsubishi Mirage.

But it easily could be, at least the part...
  11. Replies
    Views

What about designing a strut brace bar with a...

What about designing a strut brace bar with a base plate that covers both strut bolts but has a tab with a bolt hole to mount the engine damper kit to? You would then have two products for sale. ...
  12. Replies
    Views

Appreciate the amount of time and energy you've...

Appreciate the amount of time and energy you've put into this.
  13. Replies
    Views

So a quick update, the damper brackets have been...

So a quick update, the damper brackets have been sent out for Tig welding as my welder has been placed on back order for another 2 months. Also, my material provider was able to suggest a high nickel...
  14. The potential downside to going with taller...

The potential downside to going with taller wheels/tires comes from changing multiple variables in addition to lowering RPM a little.

I have read that it has worked for some people on some cars,...
  15. Replies
    Views

Finally, I have some resolution to my issues.......

Finally, I have some resolution to my issues....

I filed suit last week in district court and heard nothing for over a week. Last contact I had was with Mitsubishi HQ, and I was promised a follow...
  16. final drive swap... 5% improvement in my Firefly

I think the 1.2L Mirage is screaming (literally) for this mod, for the fuel economy minded.

I've done a final drive swap to my own car (1.0L, 3-cyl Pontiac Firefly a.k.a. Chevrolet Metro) -- I...
  17. Replies
    Views

Late/hard braking wastes more fuel than hard...

Late/hard braking wastes more fuel than hard acceleration. I sometimes teach people how to eco-drive, and the single techique that helps save the most fuel is getting people to read traffic...
  18. Replies
    Views

Alright ahausheer. I'll keep you on the list...

Alright ahausheer. I'll keep you on the list anyways till the month timeline lapses.

By the way, picking up a new TIG tomorrow considering the current MIG is dead and most people prefer TIG...
  19. Replies
    Views

Just go for eibach, better for the long run....

Just go for eibach, better for the long run. AutoDynasty are great for those who want lower but either dont care about ride comfort/quality or need cheap springs until a coiliver setup comes out at a...
  20. Replies
    Views

Dude, don't waste your money on $60 lowering...

Dude, don't waste your money on $60 lowering springs. You can almost guarantee they're going to be garbage. Save up some more money and go with a proven brand of springs.
  21. Replies
    Views

Rival Autosport Engine Damper Kit

What's going on fellow Miragers(?)! I'm here to gauge interest for an engine damper kit for our cars!

Prototyped based on the USDM Mirage chassis, it comes with the necessary hardware and brackets...
  22. Replies
    Views

Honest opinions! Hows my progress? XD

It's the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Pearl White with the CVT. So far I've replaced factory wheels for aftermarket Katana 16x7 offset of 40 & Federal SS 195/45/R16, 20% Tint all way around, and a few...
  23. Replies
    Views

I have never heard of progressive rate springs...

I have never heard of progressive rate springs being intended to prevent oscillation. I originally heard it was for ride comfort - an ability to absorb bumps better than a stiffer spring, and...
  24. Replies
    Views

Yes shocks should be taking care of rebound...

Yes shocks should be taking care of rebound damping but I don't think the OEMs were correct ones. Looking at the history of the suspension Daox collected rear springs got stiffer for 2015, but shocks...
  25. Replies
    Views

Weather Tech Floor & Cargo Liner Images

WeatherTech Floor Liner and Cargo Liner Images for Mirage

Hey...these images aren't the best but you get the idea. These things fit the Mirage like a glove. I wouldn't have a car without these...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3