Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

When I put new rotors and pads on any of my cars,...

When I put new rotors and pads on any of my cars, the first drive I put them through a "burnishing" process. And yes, they smoke during that process. Sometimes they smoke heavily. I can smell it...
  2. Replies
    Views

Sometimes rust can build up under the clips(where...

Sometimes rust can build up under the clips(where the pad rides) and needs a light filing. Your car looks really clean though.
    Make sure there's no grease suck in the end of the bracket, can use a...
  3. Replies
    Views

I just skimmed through your video quickly... No,...

I just skimmed through your video quickly...
    No, it's not normal for your brakes to smoke and stink, but I've never used bosch pads so...

Did you replace the clips where the pads ride?
    If not,...
  4. Replies
    Views

When I started in the Auto trade, we used to...

When I started in the Auto trade, we used to rebuild calipers all the time. To replace that boot, you will need to remove the caliper, remove the piston, remove the boot & reassemble. If you haven't...
  5. Replies
    Views

Yeah it's safe. As long as it's not leaking fluid...

Yeah it's safe. As long as it's not leaking fluid you're fine. As for replacing the boot. I haven't had one apart. I really can't remember if I ever replaced one on any vehicle so I'm no help on that...
  6. Replies
    Views

Nope. The only abs issues that I've seen have...

Nope. The only abs issues that I've seen have been from damaged wiring for the rear speed sensors near the wheels.
  7. Replies
    Views

They teach that in school. I might do that if I...

They teach that in school. I might do that if I was working on something older and I knew the fluid was really bad.
  8. Replies
    Views

I've never done it. There are a bunch of Mirage...

I've never done it. There are a bunch of Mirage here with over 400,000kms, some with over 500,000kms. I've replaced a few wheel cylinders on higher mileage cars that see a lot of dirt roads but...
  9. Replies
    Views

I've never seen anyone do this unless they were...

I've never seen anyone do this unless they were unable to push the piston back without opening the bleeder valve. I can almost guarantee you no dealership does this as part of a brake service.
  10. If you crank the nut down goodntight it should be...

If you crank the nut down goodntight it should be fine, but use your own judgement. If you're not confident that it's tight get a shop to retorque it for you. I had someone complaining in the...
  11. Thread: Too much oil?

by inuvik
    Replies
    Views

No, you're fine. 2mm above the full level mark...

No, you're fine. 2mm above the full level mark is not going to give you problems. You can just leave it be.
  12. Replies
    Views

Poll: You're good to use that oil. It's API is SN. ...

You're good to use that oil. It's API is SN. Don't overthink it too much.
  13. Wow, great write-up!

Wow, great write-up!
  14. Replies
    Views

I dont think they have a direction. I believe the...

I dont think they have a direction. I believe the line is there because of the way these are produced, they are a hollow ring. If the ring were completely solid then there would be no place for the...
  15. Replies
    Views

binize 10.1..buy 1 from amazon..it comes with a...

binize 10.1..buy 1 from amazon..it comes with a lifetime warranty per the representative i spoke to...i bought a separate 2 din installation kit from aliexpress to mount it...20849
  16. Replies
    Views

i have a similar one. pretty straightforward...

i have a similar one. pretty straightforward during installation and a decent radio.

17. That's interesting, well done edPower.

That's interesting, well done edPower.
  18. Nice looking Mirage. I like the colour. My Mirage...

Nice looking Mirage. I like the colour. My Mirage is grey too, but Thunder Gray. I think there is a third shade of grey as well. I really like the two-tone alloy rims eh.
  19. DIY : 2014-15 Factory Navigation Radio / Backup Camera Retrofit into DE

I have a 2014 DE and want factory navigation and factory back up camera. Lucky I found a junkyard out of state willing to pull all those for me cheap!

It is semi plug and play if you can source...
  20. Replies
    Views

NOTE: Once you remove the factory-installed oil...

NOTE:
    Once you remove the factory-installed oil filter (which is usually on way too tight), as long as you reinstall/tighten the new oil filter by hand, you shouldn't need an oil filter wrench to...