Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I got a 2024 Mirage ES, and I flooded it the...

I got a 2024 Mirage ES, and I flooded it the other day.

I was parked in, so I backed the truck out, started the Mirage, backed it out, shut it off, realized I was in the street still, started...
  2. Okay, I guess I should clear the air here. I...

Okay, I guess I should clear the air here. I didn't know the forum was aware of this situation until today. Yes, unfortunately I am involved in this incident. I am sure you guys have a million...
  3. Replies
    Views

Yeah, that's super common. I have it happen...

Yeah, that's super common. I have it happen sometimes when I pull a car into the shop. When I go to drive it out later sometimes it's flooded. Usually holding the throttle works but sometimes it...
  4. Replies
    Views

Nice little test Tire Rack did on 3PMS All...

Nice little test Tire Rack did on 3PMS All Weather tires.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=321
  5. Replies
    Views

Wow...I knew they got stuck but I didn't know it...

Wow...I knew they got stuck but I didn't know it was that bad. Great tip! I have a feeling a lot of Mirage owners will be referencing your post in the future. :D

I got both sensors out of my...
  6. UPDATE! The mod as described in the very first...

UPDATE!

The mod as described in the very first post has been in this car for years and works well. After some thought, I found a simple way of greatly improving the effects of this mod. That...
  7. Pushing in on the yellow plastic thing worked

Hello everyone. I am extremely grateful to you guys, as you figured out the solution to the same exact problem I was having. I feel like I could say thank you until my throat caved in, and it still...
  8. Yes christopher if you have rear power windows on...

Yes christopher if you have rear power windows on your Mirage then the driver door window includes a sensor that detects stalling and will reverse the motor something like 15cm if it stalls to allow...
  9. Thread: Redline or Lucas?

by Mark
    Replies
    Views

Yes, Daox has been using it. See thread below - ...

Yes, Daox has been using it. See thread below -

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/6648-Redline-MT-LV-70W-75W-gear-oil-for-5-speed-manual
  10. Replies
    Views

It's pretty easy to get a quote for an item like...

It's pretty easy to get a quote for an item like that. I found it pretty easy to call or email auto glass places to get a number of quotes for my Forester. My 2011 Forester is very basic and the...
  11. Replies
    Views

$200 is what I pay for most normal windshields...

$200 is what I pay for most normal windshields including the Mirage.

If you have the fancy collision avoidance camera or whichever system uses a camera mounted to the windshield then get ready to...
  12. Correct. There's no belt with pulleys in that....

Correct. There's no belt with pulleys in that. It's just a reduction gearset with two electric motors. It varies the speed of the two electric motors and the gas engine to change the output speed to...
  13. Yeah I see it happen often enough. Usually...

Yeah I see it happen often enough. Usually happens after it's been started and not ran for very long then shut off. The colder it is, the more likely it can happen. You don't have to touch the...
  14. Your Mirage fleet & being on the forum helped...

Your Mirage fleet & being on the forum helped erase some of my initial Mirage concerns! I probably owe you a case of beer! :)
  15. Replies
    Views

Wow, I totally agree with all of that, and those...

Wow, I totally agree with all of that, and those are my own exact thoughts
  16. Vehicle age, and what's on the ODOMETER should...

Vehicle age, and what's on the ODOMETER should NEVER be a reason to get sell and get another car.

I'll keep it until:
    - parts aren't available anymore
    - a repair costs more than the car is worth...
  17. Replies
    Views

I get long winded on some posts, & the same thing...

I get long winded on some posts, & the same thing happens to me all the time.

The message is not lost usually, however.

You go to post & it's blank instead of posting. Log in & click back...
  18. Replies
    Views

You need to hold the window switch all the way...

You need to hold the window switch all the way down and continue holding the switch after its fully open for a few extra seconds. Then hold the window switch up until the window is closes and...
  19. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I'm too lazy to find the thread but it turns out...

I'm too lazy to find the thread but it turns out Beetle 98-2005 spring kits for lowering were ideal to give the Mirage INCREASED ride height and handle additional load without bottoming out. The...
  20. Replies
    Views

HOW TO replace heater core with pix

Today I replaced the heater core. Why would somebody do that? If it were leaking or clogged! Clogging happens due to wrong, or mixed or unsuitable coolant or from lime scale from hard tap water (OEM...
  21. I'm going to get it wrapped in mottled reddish...

I'm going to get it wrapped in mottled reddish brown.
  22. Replies
    Views

I found pieces of the vent down in the bottom of...

I found pieces of the vent down in the bottom of the heater box. Can't seem to find what I thought was a pen earlier? But I can't fit my hand down there to fish anything out. Will have to find my...
  23. Replies
    Views

I've never sold anything over the internet, let...

I've never sold anything over the internet, let me see what shipping would cost. It only takes an hour and a half to print them.

I'd like to get a few sets out there and see how they hold up,...
  24. Replies
    Views

Rubber grommets for air filter

The air filter on my mirage was rattling, and getting worse. You could hear it inside the car, it almost sounded like it had a rod knock at idle. The rubber parts put in place to keep it from...
  25. Replies
    Views

Hi All! Not sure if this is the correct place to...

Hi All! Not sure if this is the correct place to post my setup, I'm from Italy and given that my first post (here) raised quite some curiosity I've decided to separately post some pics about the...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4