Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I know there are at least a few others members...

I know there are at least a few others members with purple cars. Interestingly, around where I am in Indiana I see more purple Mirages than any other color. Of course, that might just be due to they...
  2. Replies
    Views

Welcome to the forums. Nice to see another...

Welcome to the forums. Nice to see another Hoosier on the boards.
  3. Replies
    Views

Every time I saw this sign leaving Ocean City, MD...

Every time I saw this sign leaving Ocean City, MD I thought it would be fun to drive Route 50 from end to end.
    At the other end there is this sign:
  4. Replies
    Views

Supposedly the factory installed oil filter is...

Supposedly the factory installed oil filter is quite difficult to get off, so it might be worthwhile to pay someone. After that, you're right, it's kinda crazy to be changed $50 for an oil change...
  5. I think the most I've put in was 8.15 gallons,...

I think the most I've put in was 8.15 gallons, and that was after the gauge was doing the full flash for 20 or 30 miles. I believe the tank is supposed to hold 35 liters (9.5 gallons).

Oh how I...
  6. Looking through the numbers a bit more, its the...

Looking through the numbers a bit more, its the combination of passenger space and luggage space that determines the category. The Mirage has 86 cubic feet of passenger space with 17 of cargo space,...
  7. Yup, they classify it as a "compact" car. Go...

Yup, they classify it as a "compact" car.

Go to the "Specs" tab:
    http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=34989

The Audi A3 and Chevy Spark are both listed as subcompacts despite...
  8. A/C tested at 65 MPH

Since I have a long, fairly flat and boring highway commute I decided to do some testing. After getting onto the highway I reset my manual Mirage DE's fuel tracker and changed the car into one of the...
  9. 1. Analog fuel gauge, the digital one is...

1. Analog fuel gauge, the digital one is worthless when there is less than 2 gallons in the tank.

2. 12 gallon fuel tank so those of use with long commutes could fill up every three days instead...
  10. Replies
    Views

I still don't why some reviewers are obsessed...

I still don't why some reviewers are obsessed with their dashboards being made of a soft material instead of 100% functional hard plastic. Perhaps there's a whole sub-culture of dashboard fondlers...
  11. It's not the best video quality, but this video...

It's not the best video quality, but this video has most of the info you're looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dFA44_jYiU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dFA44_jYiU
  12. Replies
    Views

I do 1000 km a week on a highway that has a 104...

I do 1000 km a week on a highway that has a 104 KPH speed limit (65 MPH). I usually drive the speed limit and the Mirage has no problems at those speeds. If you're planning on zipping along at 135+...
  13. Replies
    Views

I'd give it a few thousand miles before deciding...

I'd give it a few thousand miles before deciding on whether or not to get a rear sway bar. For the first 1000 miles, the squirrelliness was really pronounced, but now at the 3000 mile mark I hardly...
  14. The Second 1000 Miles: After spending another...

The Second 1000 Miles:

After spending another 20 hours or so hours in the Mirage I've got to say that I'm getting used to the body roll and hardly notice it anymore. The past few weeks have been...
  15. The First 1000 Miles - All Interstate Highway (Owner review: 2014 Mirage 5-speed)

http://mirageforum.com/forum/images/dto_garage/users/325/1328.jpg

Background:

When my 1989 4-cylinder Chevy S-10 pickup truck finally died I went looking for a car better suited to a 65 mile...
  16. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I bought the base model/stick with bluetooth a...

I bought the base model/stick with bluetooth a few weeks ago for around $13,700. That included Indiana's 7% sales tax, destination charges, factory rebates, and misc. paper handling fees. I put $5000...