Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Slow brake fluid leak -any known weak links in these cars?

I am pretty sure I have a slow leak of brake fluid. A month or so ago my brake light came on intermittently. I checked the fluid levels and they were low so I topped them off and all was well. The...
  2. Replies
    Views

Well, I finally got around to doing this and it...

Well, I finally got around to doing this and it WORKED! I almost lost one of my two factory keys so bought some Iilco ones off eBay, had them cut at Lowes for like $3, and programmed it myself. All...
  3. Replies
    Views

Well, I got it done. The magnetic rings were all...

Well, I got it done. The magnetic rings were all dirty and I couldn't tell they were a separate piece. They are just pressed on so I pried them off and then pressed them back onto the new drums by...
  4. Replies
    Views

It is the buttons. You push them and they either...

It is the buttons. You push them and they either don't respond or do something completely different than requested. It is probably some electronic microswitch that would cost more more in time than...
  5. Replies
    Views

I wanted to let everyone know that the Kenwood is...

I wanted to let everyone know that the Kenwood is installed and working well. I have only had it on for 10 minutes but it sounds noticeably better and the buttons work of course. I like that the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Yeah, you get what you pay for. There was no way...

Yeah, you get what you pay for. There was no way to make the el cheapo sit out in front of the adapter plate. The body was simply too wide even with the mounting sleeve removed. I could have...
  7. Replies
    Views

Good replacement radio for 2015 Mirage DE?

I have a 2015 DE and am having issues with the radio. I know this is a complaint of these cars even when working fine and guess they can't offer a premium unit for what these cars cost. The buttons...
  8. The car is from 2016 or 2017 (I forget) so it is...

The car is from 2016 or 2017 (I forget) so it is good on that. Either way this needs to get in sooner than later. I will call the dealer first thing tomorrow.

Conor
  9. Replies
    Views

I have always wondered about using the Mobil 1...

I have always wondered about using the Mobil 1 European 0W40 in these engines. I know it probably isn't needed and might kill mileage quite a bit but this is a great oil for the money. Someone here...
  10. Thread: gear oil

by cwatkin
    Replies
    Views

A lot of cars use ATF as their manual transmission fluid BUT there is a warranty.

I know many modern cars use ATF as their MTF fluid but don't know if I would want to do this on a car that is under warranty. I assume you can run an oil analysis on transmission fluid just like you...
  11. Replies
    Views

The pad is fine. It is just the shadow of the...

The pad is fine. It is just the shadow of the bevel on the pad combined with the shadow of the backing that makes it look like this. Either way I thought it was worth a second look after seeing the...
  12. Replies
    Views

I took off a wheel to do my brakes today and...

I took off a wheel to do my brakes today and think they were simply dirty. There appears to be well over 50% of the pad thickness remaining next to the new ones I had on hand. The two slots for...
  13. Replies
    Views

That is strange. I would definitely get a new...

That is strange. I would definitely get a new clutch as they have to remove it anyway so labor should be free. You just pay for the part.

You may notice that the new engine seems less powerful...
  14. Replies
    Views

Most cars these days have gone back to chains...

Most cars these days have gone back to chains including the cheap ones. The Versa, Spark, Kia/Hyundai products, etc. are all using chains these days. I didn't really mind belts but they need to be...
  15. Replies
    Views

These batteries appear to be the kind where you...

These batteries appear to be the kind where you can add water which I like. You can unscrew the caps so I need to check mine and add if needed.

Conor
  16. I just wanted to give an update that there have...

I just wanted to give an update that there have been no more issues so I suspect a bad connection was the reason. Again, this went away right after I unplugged and replugged the harness connectors. ...
  17. Replies
    Views

It has been running just fine and I have probably...

It has been running just fine and I have probably put over 100 miles on it since then.

Conor
  18. Replies
    Views

Deer Collision With 2015 Mirage with VIDEO!

I don't think I posted this in the past but there seemed to be some interest when I was mentioning a check engine light issue that may have been caused by a loose connector possibly caused by this...
  19. Replies
    Views

I would definitely stick with the specified...

I would definitely stick with the specified synthetic oil as you should under "normal" driving. I am running the Mobil 1 0W20 EP. I also understand the newest Pennzoil Platinum Pure Plus or...
  20. Replies
    Views

The Metro takes a Purolator PL10241. It looks...

The Metro takes a Purolator PL10241. It looks like this fits most Kohler and Briggs engines. Apparently the others fit the Mirage.

Conor
  21. Replies
    Views

Funny oil filter interchange story

A while back I was changing the oil on my Kohler based riding mower and drained the old oil out. I had the new oil and thought I had a filter on hand but didn't. So I wanted to mow the yard but...
  22. The camera moved before impact because I slammed...

The camera moved before impact because I slammed on the brakes so hard that the antilocks didn't even have a change to engage and I skidded into the deer.

This is just a Cobra 1080P dash cam. It...
  23. Well, I did hit that deer when the car had about...

Well, I did hit that deer when the car had about 2000 miles or so on it going like 55 mph. They had to replace the hood, front left fender, door, and window, plus other parts. The car drove after...
  24. Purolator Pure One PL14610 Oil Filter for $3.44 at K-Mart

The local K-Mart has the yellow PL14610 filters for $3.44. I understand this is a great price and that the yellow ones have the grippy texture but are being replaced with a different color filter...
  25. Replies
    Views

I work on electronics/computers for a living and...

I work on electronics/computers for a living and can tell you that the quality of the cheap Chinese parts is all over the board. Some are actually of good quality while others will ruin a computer...
Page 1 of 2 1 2