Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Buying a Used Mirage? Things to Look For / Common Problems

There is lots of good info spread throughout this forum, I thought I would summarize some of the major issues / failure points in one place for any prospective buyers.

2013-2014

-Some early...
  2. Replies
    Views

Just a heads up, I did exactly this and my...

Just a heads up, I did exactly this and my tweeters were very harsh... if you are going with components I would recommend putting the tweeters in the door panel if possible. If you decide to put them...
  3. I used this (https://amzn.to/2qsPaWS) instead of...

I used this instead of dynamat. I would absolutely recommend it while you're already in the door panel. Whether or not you can hear a difference, you can certainly feel it every time you close the...
  4. On the flip side, I once started the car while in...

On the flip side, I once started the car while in gear... luckily the parking brake was strong enough to keep me out of the lightpost (or worse). Thanks for the reminder.
  5. Replies
    Views

Maybe it's only on the North American version,...

Maybe it's only on the North American version, but if you can find that rubber plug, you wouldn't need to drill through any metal. It is a solid rubber plug, located between the passenger footwell...
  6. Replies
    Views

I drilled a hole in the driver side wheel well,...

I drilled a hole in the driver side wheel well, which came out right underneath the interior fusebox. There is also an unused rubber grommet on the passenger side. I imagine it would be the same on...
  7. Replies
    Views

Glad I could help. I'll delete the thread now.

Glad I could help. I'll delete the thread now.
  8. Replies
    Views

eBay 20% Off Everything - 3/9/18 Only

Today, 3/9/18 until 8PM PT/11PM EST, use code PSPRING20 for 20% off "everything" on eBay.

Discount capped at $100 off (that would be a $500 order).

Make sure to get everything you want in one...
  9. Replies
    Views

2. The antenna does screw out of the base, so...

2. The antenna does screw out of the base, so that shouldn't be an issue.

3. I've used the foam pads and straps with a canoe on a pickup truck, they work very well and are easy to put on and take...
  10. Replies
    Views

I think the snowflake is tied in with the ambient...

I think the snowflake is tied in with the ambient temp display. You can enable it with Etacs Decoder.
  11. So far so good. It's hard to tell objectively,...

So far so good. It's hard to tell objectively, because I put them on at 15k miles which is also right when I got my rear alignment fixed (also, I went from Enasaves to snow tires to these, so it's...
  12. Replies
    Views

I have the Hankook Optimo H724's on my summer...

I have the Hankook Optimo H724's on my summer wheels.

I got them at 15k miles so engine break-in probably minimized the mpg hit. I also got my rear alignment fixed at 15k so it's hard to make an...
  13. Replies
    Views

After replacing cheap led's multiple times due to...

After replacing cheap led's multiple times due to burning out, I got these and so far so good....
  14. Replies
    Views

I've had these ...

I've had these in my car for about 6 months now. They're very thin and porous so probably not doing a great deal to actually protect the seats. I think they look nice for what they are, and I'm happy...
  15. Replies
    Views

Ah, fair enough. That's the one thing I don't...

Ah, fair enough. That's the one thing I don't like about my unit, I can't get apps like torque on there. Good luck with yours, and let us know how it turns out.
  16. Replies
    Views

Where did you mount the resistor? They usually...

Where did you mount the resistor? They usually get very hot and if it's touching plastic that may be the burning you smell. The tail lights are actually the only lights on my car that I haven't...
  17. Replies
    Views

I did something similar with my fog lights......

I did something similar with my fog lights... except instead of 3D printing brackets we used some type of hard plastic and cut/sanded it to fit. One of these days I'll update my garage with the...
  18. Replies
    Views

Set:...

Set: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2015-Mitsubishi-mirage-door-corner-triangle-trim-sail-panel-mirror-cover-/172358705098?hash=item2821611fca:g:Q1cAAOSwPCVX7cnu&vxp=mtr

Driver:...
  19. Poll: I rotated them once at 7.5k miles and replaced...

I rotated them once at 7.5k miles and replaced them with snows at 15k. The "original" rear tire doesn't look so bad since I moved it up front.

My dealer doesn't do alignments in-house but since I...
  20. Poll: Enasaves with 15k miles 8554 8555 ...

Enasaves with 15k miles

Treadwear on the printout is for my snow tires which have about 3k on them. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow to see what they can do.
  21. Replies
    Views

It was especially difficult to pop the clips out...

It was especially difficult to pop the clips out the first time. Definitely start at the top with the trim piece around the vent before trying to remove the radio. I think what worked for me was a...
  22. Replies
    Views

7293 I also bought one of those DRL...

I also bought one of those DRL controllers which automatically turn them on/off with the engine, and dim them when the headlights are turned on. It also has a delay after turning the car off...
  23. Replies
    Views

While these ...

While these are not specific to the Mirage, I've had them installed for a few months now and I love them. I got the crystal blue ones to match my sapphire blue car.
  24. Replies
    Views

I don't think you can squeeze two oil changes out...

I don't think you can squeeze two oil changes out of one 5 quart jug. Judging by the markers on the side, a new jug has a bit more than 5 quarts, and filling it to the middle of the range left me...
  25. 7060 Did this when it was brand new. Didn't...

Did this when it was brand new. Didn't leave a scratch
Page 1 of 2 1 2